Leitrim Football 2018

Leitrim U17s head to Castlebar tonight (Wednesday) for Connacht Championship but only after a fixture fiasco that has left the Green & Gold severely understrength.

Leitrim face Mayo in the first round of the new Connacht U17 Championship in Elvery’s MacHale Park tonight at 8 pm minus four players after they were refused a postponement of the game by Mayo GAA and the Connacht Council.

The game was originally fixed for Friday, May 4, but with six members of the panel travelling to New York for Sunday’s Connacht Championship game, Leitrim sought a deferment of the game.

Considering that Leitrim’s next game is not until June 23, and there are no games in the fixture list past Friday, May 11, Leitrim officials were hopeful that the game could be changed.

However, the Observer understands that Mayo initially refused to change the game and after intervention, agreed to move the game to tonight (Wednesday). Unfortunately that still rules out four members of the panel who are travelling to New York.

It is hardly the ideal preparation for Leitrim who then have a seven and a half week wait until they play their second game against Roscommon.

That’s the under 20s surely?

I thought it must be under 20s or juniors but it’s the under 17s who are playing this evening.

Madness

1 Like

I think the training regime involving what I’d term "horizontal jogging" lead to some abdications from the panel. Sorry I can’t be more specific at the moment.

1 Like

:smile:

Half Time

Mayo 2-8 Leitrim 0-4

Connacht Minor Championship - Round 1
10 Mins 2nd half
@MayoGAA 3-12
@LeitrimGAA 1-6
#ConnGAA18
Not going too well so far

Full Time

Mayo 4-20 Leitrim 1-8

Close enough

Christ.

Yerrah - Meaningless in the greater scheme. Whom ever remembers great minors unless your (on this forum) from:

I) Lapsed poster @juniorrossie in the case of Donie Shine.
ii). @maroonandwhite in the case of John “Schan” Concannon.
iii). @myboyblue promoting Beano McDonald.

or @anon67715551 spotting Dermot Earley on the opening day of Pairc SĂŠan in 1964.

2 Likes

@thedancingbaby the 5 lads gone to NY are out supporting leitrim with their families.

2 Likes

Why are 4 Leitrim u17s playing with seniors in NY and taking priority over their allotted team?

1 Like

The fucking Celtic tiger is back ,

1 Like

They’re gone out to support them.Not play.

Woah now, Beano fulfilled some of his talent and the reason he didn’t all of it was down to horrific injury. Bit of respect please

:smile:

1 Like

Here’s one for @Boxtyeater.Looks like they forgot the team.