Leitrim Football 2019

The top two or three club teams in Roscommon would be Leitrim brutal today for All the talk

An awful beating that one.

The magical 12 pointsā€¦ Grrrrrrrr. Youā€™ll never win a championship match with that.
All that said, this was on the cards with the set up we employed . Roscommon are fitter, stronger and more battle hardened so weā€™re on the back foot from the off.

Our aspirations for Sam are now thrown into the melting pot of the qualifiers. Weā€™ll need to meet and defeat a big name next day out to regain momentum.

Now this is difficult to envisage but Shane Moran (arguably the best man in the league at midfield) sited at 14 and hoping for breaking ball is bollocks. Hyland out!!!

I see the previous token ā€˜greatest player never to play in Croke Parkā€™, Emlyn Mulligan has left the panel for the year. Not retired though apparently.

Iā€™m not one to rail against players with egotistical opinions of themselves and Iā€™m fucked if Iā€™m going to start with this cunt.
Heā€™s fucked off for the rest of the year but will probably resurface next year to some muted acclaim.
Heā€™s absolutely no loss from the county panel, an indulgent and indulged fucker whoā€™s style and mannerisms have held us back for years.

Granted he battled 3 cruciates and every one slowed him further, all the while the little bird in his fat head told him he was the GOAT.

He was a knacky footpasser if only he displayed it more often. Thanks anyway Emlynā€¦

4 Likes

To the nationā€™s media he was seen as a Matty Forde, John Galvin or Declan Browne, partly due to utterly lazy journalism on their part and his knack of keeping himself in the public eye.

He was a decent player, good free taker, tidy, but nowhere near the standards of some of the others he has been linked to and behind other Leitrim players down the years.

As my brother said to me before the Derry match - ā€˜half these journalists proclaiming that itā€™s a disgrace Mulligan never played in Croke Park probably have never seen him playā€™.

1 Like

Cā€™mere - a quick one that your post inspiredā€¦ Two contrasting figures::

Emlyn Mulligan or Declan Maxwell. I think itā€™s a 1 horse raceā€¦

Iā€™m a massive Maxwell fan mate. Best Iā€™ve seen since S Quinn. But youā€™ll dispute that re McKeon.

No I wonā€™t, different ends of the pitch. I had huge time for Maxwell but youā€™ll find very few outside of Connacht have ever heard of never mind seen him. An absolute lionā€¦

Three times the team player of the retireeā€¦

Maxwell appeared against Mayo in 2006 in Carrick two weeks after a cruciate operation. Kicked a point and generally caused consternation under the high ball but Mayo wouldnā€™t be the best with that. They beat us by a point.

I know that he is now a cripple due to his injuries.

I saw him as a young buck playing for Drumreilly at midfield against Carrick in the Championship in Drumshanbo. Masterful performance - something special was obvious at that stage.

So itā€™s Wicklow in the qualifiers. You must call it as a pudding. Itā€™ll bring a crowd and without any expectations weā€™ll play attacking and attractive football.
Oddly and despite the Roscommon debacle I have a lot of faith in the current group, particularly without the aforementioned Melvin Gaels duo.
Weā€™re up for a gallop and a win or two would be life affirming.

Agree.

Darragh Rooney is a big loss though

This fucker Hyland is acting the bollocks big-time. Saturdayā€™s 15 sees Fergal McTague and Gary Plunkett dropped and a raft of odd positional selections.
Jack Heslin must have winked at the wrong woman, bench again. 2 snails in the half forward line with 3rd man presumably picked as sweeper. Wicklow FFSā€¦

Iā€™m losing patience with this gimp, heā€™s reverted to type and gone defensive. You going?

@thedancingbaby seething at the fickle nature of leitrim fans

13k missing today

Can. Limerick draw Leitrim in next round ?

It it happens it could break the internet

I wasnā€™t at it yesterday but heard it was a hard fought win which we deserved.

Onwards to the next round.

I was at it - dire. Now the monsoon rains didnā€™t help but we struggled in a lot of areas. Ryan Oā€™Rourke was a shining beacon up front and Paddy Maguire is a terrific bit of stuff. Plunkett and Moran had their moments and thatā€™s about it really. Iā€™d be fearful of a bad draw tomorrow that would knock the stuffing out of us.
The Sunday Game will struggle to fill 2 minutes of highlights. The Wicklow goalie is some man to kick dead balls, he must have kicked 6 all from outside the 45. Onwards and upwards anyhow.

Theyā€™re showing the highlights after the break on the Sunday Game now

Dear Jesusā€¦

Diarmuid McKiernan has left the Leitrim panel.

He can feel somewhat hard done by after having a good league campaign in goals before being dropped for no apparent reason for the Division 4 final onwards.