Leitrim Gaa 2022

Tough draw in the FBD.Should focus the mind.

Quarter Finals 12th November

A: St Kiernans/London Irish v St Marys Ruislip

Quarter Finals Sunday 13th November

13.30 B: Galway v Ballina/Westport MacHale Park

Semi-Finals 19/20 November

B v Boyle/Strokestown Galway/Roscommon Venue

Tourlestrane v A Sligo/Leitrim Venue

Big chance for Mary’s to get to the final if they win in Ruislip with a home draw for the semi in Carrick.Im not sure if they’ll bate Kierans though

Connacht U17 Fixtures 2023

First named team plays at home. Round Robin Format. 1st Year of New Cycle. Top Team Qualifies for Final

Round 1 Round 2

Roscommon v Mayo Leitrim v Sligo

Sligo v Galway Galway v Roscommon

Leitrim Bye Mayo Bye

Round 3 Round 4

Mayo v Galway Sligo v Roscommon

Roscommon v Leitrim Leitrim v Mayo

Sligo Bye Galway Bye

Round 5

Galway v Leitrim

Mayo v Sligo

Roscommon Bye

Semi Final: 2nd v 3rd

Shield Final: 4th v 5th

Dates: TBC

The Neddies with their snouts in front with 10 mins left in the Intermediate final. 0-10 to 1-04. A potential shock on the cards here. The Duffers will be well rattled if they don’t pull this out of the fire…Their free-taker, the ever reliable Seán McNabola is in the sin-bin.

The beleaguered Neddies regain senior status with a battling display 0-11 to 1-04.
Five scores rarely win trophies and indiscipline possibly the Duffers downfall. They’re struggling to escape from the quagmire of Intermediate a nice few years now, we beat them in the final of 19 after a replay. Fuck them.

I have a sort of soft spot for the Neds, I’m delighted for them.

2 Likes

Amen.

They were full sure that they’d win that.

1 Like

Fair play to the Neddies

1 Like

1 Like

My neighbour Dan was the captain.Himself and Dessie McNulty were also on the first team to lose to London.

I might be wrong here but is it 5 of the team of the century there…
Noel Crossan, Ollie Honeyman, Frank Holohan? Mickey Quinn and Mickey Martin…

1 Like

About time,most of them were in bad shape.New pitch goin in too.

I was never in them believe it or not. I was in it the opening day in 1964 and can be found within 10’ or thereabouts of that spot on any given day.
The pitch has been shit now for close on 60 years - fine in May/Jun/July/Aug but once the peak of summer passes you can forget it. Without forensic examination I’d say it’s buck near flood-plain levels, dead oul’ sod that’s untrustworthy most of the year. Cloone has the best playing surface in the county fwiw.
Speaking of Cloone I note Gerry McGovern has this redevelopment well in hand.

St Osnatts pitch in Glencar gets a lot of praise from players.We used to play league games in Cloone afair in the 90s.When was that pitch last done?Maybe the new sponsor in London could send over a few diggers to get the job started.

1 Like

Good reports of the St.Osnatt’s ground all right. Attracts a lot of Junior crunch encounters to good acclaim.
The pitch in Cloone would be about the turn of the century. What’s this talk about the new sponsor - I understood that Clarke was on board for another year at least. He seemed fully committed there earlier in the summer.

Joe Cox had no trouble chucking his troops under the bus in the aftermath of a watery showing against the Neddies last Sunday. Good man Joe, you’ll get the hang of it eventually….

1 Like

I would not say he threw them under the bus, just stating facts. He was not playing last weekend and there is only so much mgmt can do, after that it’s down to the players, defense is good but they just don’t seem to have the forwards and losing one of their best to a black card cost them, so I would not be blaming JC.
Talk about him going for the minor job, I would say he is a better fit than the usual suspects

From a position of defeated intermediate finalists?

We should be aiming higher than that surely.

The likes of Manor Glancy would be the man for that job and give him all the backing he needs.Pity he’s gone to Longford.

1 Like