Leitrim GAA 2023

Legend.

1 Like

Not sure what to say about todayā€™s performance.Thought we were poor enough in the first half,our shooting was very poor and we conceded way too many frees which kept Carlow in the game.Much better in the second half but our goalie is a disaster.I hate to criticize but heā€™s not up to it,way too slow with the kickouts and a disaster under the high ball.But a wins a win and weā€™ll go to aughrim confident enough.Missing one of our best players today too in Pearce,he wasnā€™t even togged out,has something happened injury/wedding maybe?

1 Like

Excellent scoring difference which could be vital

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Waterford
Leitrim
London

Laois will surely pick up 2 points from 6 there. Will it be enough is the question.

Itā€™s eminently possible that 10 wonā€™t be enough too. In EPL parlance weā€™re tasked with the more difficult run-in Wicklow (A) and home to Laois & Sligo who we havenā€™t beaten in years. Laois must be favourites to reach 12 based on games to come (roaring favourites in all 3) whereas we meet Sligo and the dream of 12 is burst for somebody. Laois & Sligo to progress.

Iā€™d have liked it done before London, its unlikely it will be.

If you want a good laugh when we visit, position yourself behind Sheehan. Heā€™s some stones of a man to listen to. Iā€™d have him nowhere near a team the way he goes on.

its really such a tough group to get out of cos there is like 5 teams that can beat each other on their day.
hoping you are wrong on that prediction and we get the job done but it will be by skin of our teeth if we do.

Carlow finished with 12 men yesterday I heard. Were they filthy?

Laois will surely beat Waterford and London. I didnā€™t realise they had such a nice run in. 5 wins from 7 should be enough for them regardless but itā€™s very congested below. Leitrimā€™s cause will be helped by either Wexford or Wicklow dropping further points in that clash. Sligo are probably the biggest threat to Leitrim for a top 2 finish. It will probably come down to that clash. Did Sligo beat Leitrim on penalties in last years Tailteann cup?

It wasnā€™t a dirty game by any means, Carlow picked up some silly yellows and I think 2 were for second yellows.One was a straight red for a belt to Emlyn Mulliganā€™s face,but he has that kinda face tbfšŸ˜.They spent the last 12 minutes with 12

3 Likes

They did in the quarter final,it was a very exciting game tbf.

I got am email there to say weā€™d hit the 150k mark in the fundraising

1 Like

The wording made me feel that Iā€™d raised 90% of it myself.
It couldnā€™t be your mug in Willie Donnellanā€™s montage I see again this week. You must be slipping him a few bobā€¦ :wink:

I didnā€™t see him this week and he wasnā€™t in Wexford park.I might see him in Aughrim on Sunday

Our match against NY has been fixed for the Saturday night @ 6pm local time.

Be all over by 12.45am. You can then crack open your Easter egg.
The barstool selectors will be out in force if things go awry. :pint: :pint:

1 Like

Be like the superbowl! Looking forward to it

The old failing - didnā€™t see it out. Signing out.

1 Like

If we beat Laois and Sligo we should still be in with a chance?