Leitrim GAA 2023

The chances of that before studying other permutationsā€¦ā€¦
Weā€™ve sort of lost control of our own destiny which never ends wellā€¦

Hereā€™s the brief report incoming

Weā€™re going nowhere with Maxwell in goals,heā€™s fuckin useless.Too slow and a bad kicker.If jack and Keith hadnā€™t butchered that second goal chance weā€™d probably have won but we need a new goalie

Itā€™s gonna be propa nawty now

Is there noone else in the county worth a look? Seeing as his understudy is an out of fitness forward, guessing not. And I donā€™t think we can afford to convert a good outfield player to the position

Apparently we have 4 goalies according to an auld lad from Aughnasheelin in Carrick last week

The next option is to recall Cathal McCrann whoā€™s been recalled as recently as 2019 for the D4 playoff against Derry. There isnā€™t a goalie in the county if you look at last years semifinalists.
Fenagh, Mohill, CoS and Bā€™more - all duds.

We could try Emlyn I sā€™pose - heā€™s keen and enthusiastic and would be the business in getting the ball away from the kick outs.

Emlyn would fancy a role in the style of Ethan Rafferty

Wouldnā€™t have the legs for it and is way too windy.

That would be the day

I keep hearing about this lad from Carrick who plays soccer,heā€™s training with the team.He couldnā€™t be any worse.Maxwell canā€™t be blamed for everything but he was unable to find anyone with his kickouts in the last 15/20 which ment were we under pressure all the time.Wicklow pushed up on our kickouts in the second half and kept us pinned in.We wonā€™t beat Sligo or Laois if we play like we did today and even if we do well only have 10 PTS where as Wicklow could end up on 11.Another year in Div 4 awaits.

1 Like

Thatā€™s about the high and low of it.

Highly disappointing, we were looking good for promotion till today, canā€™t really rely on other results, only way to get promoted was to not drop more than 2/3 points so there is just nothing between the top teams in this division . May start the packing for NY, where will be good the day before

Apropos of nothing the river that flows through Wicklow town is called the Leitrim.

@gaillimhmick you might owe Oisin an apology yet

1 Like

Must have a listen to this later

Ah lovely

Theyā€™re pulling out all the stops

Ah they didnā€™t beat us with Jamie Clarke. Theyā€™d need a few more like him

Jamie Clark is a fucking fraud

They have added at least 4 ex county players on top of what they had last year 1 x Kerry 1 x Galway and 2 x Tipp.We need to start playing better than we have been and that starts next Sunday.All games are basically knock out now.

I was reading Oisin McConvilleā€™s summary of Wicklowā€™s year to date and he bitterly lamented his teams capacity to ā€œtune outā€ for spells. Thatā€™s been our Achilles heel thus far, switching off and unable to recover momentum. Look at the games V Wexford and Wicklow and indeed the London one.