Leitrim GAA 2023

Yer fucked lads. Be as well toss today

1 Like

Your right pal,Laois will bate us out the gate.

If they do ye may throw her hat at it as itā€™s the worst set up Iā€™ve seen in all my days

Leitrim by 6

Doubt this is our starting 15,a wet day in Carrick.

No Jack ,Nevin in goals and Evan in for James Rooney :thinking:

1 Like

The table is very, very interesting. Aside from the Leitrim/Sligo clash Iā€™m calling it that Wicklow are the favourites to be promoted on the basis of only 1 defeat and 2 draws (given they beat Waterford).
Itā€™s imperative from our pov that we beat the Magpies to give ourselves a fighting chance but Iā€™m unclear whether scoring differences count should teams be level on points and h2hs.
All to play for. That bastion of Pairc SeƔn will be like Istanbul or the Camp Nou on Sunday.

Itā€™s that old accursed adage ā€˜itā€™s the hope that kills youā€™.

Leitrim beat Sligo
Laois beat London

And Wicklow can go Shit in their hat

Iā€™m advised that in the event of a tie (10 points for 4 teams) the 1st yardstick would be head to heads.
Were we to beat Sligo, LS defeat LDN and WW beat WD them WW will have only lost once thereby giving them the advantage in the H2H . The points differential possibly kicks in then but thatā€™s as I heard it.

Itā€™ll be head to head if itā€™s a 2 way tie. If itā€™s a 3or 4 way tie it will be score difference

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

One thing that is sure and certain is that Darren Frehill will make an absolute haims of the permutations.

3 Likes

We need to beat Sligo first and foremost,we can worry about the rest later.

1 Like

Superb. Thanks bud. As @massy says all we have to do now is win.

1 Like

Please god ye do

1 Like

A lovely sunny morning in the Northwest.A great day for a game of ball.Hope the pitch is in decent shape.

Get it done mate

Brave, battling effort comes up short. Sligo marginally the better team, better organised and retained the ball at the crucial time. We came like a train in the final quarter but had left ourselves too much to do.
Tough on Laois but themā€™s the breaks as they say. Onwards to Gaelic Parkā€¦ā€¦

Whatever had gone before it is very disappointing to think that we couldnā€™t take Sligo at home in a winner takes all match,

We didnā€™t deserved to get promoted and Coach Moran hasnā€™t really improved us.

I agree that we havenā€™t improved to a marked degree and remaining anchored in D4 is a fail on Coach Moranā€™s report card. To my mind he has failed to improve our defensive structure and in particular has chopped and changed the half-back line. It took him 5 games to realise that Maxwell wasnā€™t up to it between the sticks even if the concession rate was kind to him.
Weā€™ll go to NYC and whatever campaign follows that but his position is certainly under scrutiny.