Leitrim GAA 2023

Fuckers

I don’t know what to say about today really.Out of the blocks like Usain Bolt 3-0 up after 6 mins and almost worked a goal from a mark,in hindsight we’d have been better take the point,went to sleep then and totally let Sligo dominate the game for the rest of the half.Thats when the damage was done.Loooked dead and buried with about 20 minutes to go then burst into life and really should have won the match but we couldn’t engineer the winner.KB had a very poor day by his standard’s.Im not sure keeping Jack on the bench was wise today,maybe he’s injured.Defence has been poor all year but that’s from not having a steady hb line.Changes every week.Mcgloin Jordan Reynolds and Ryan are big losses but we have found a fantastic young player in young McNulty.A very disappointing day but it might work in our favour with the NY game in 2 weeks,they’ve brought in about 6/7 ex county players to shore up last year’s team who should have bet Sligo.Anyways that’s the league for another year.

Chalk it down as another year of failure - promotion was the target and wasn’t attained.

Moran on radio in the aftermath waffling about how difficult it was now going to be for Sligo with big games in the next two weekends……We’d have happily traded places. He was on then about a few days down time for the lads before the trip to NYC which he saw as a tremendous opportunity for bonding and spending time as a collective……:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A notorious spoofer. This Mr.Nice Guy approach hasn’t worked for us but it has for him.

1 Like

I had it spot on back in December👀

1 Like

Great spot. Today’s game would have been shadow boxing if we had gotten the result we needed, same with the Wexford game. 5th place is a shocking standing

Yes the table doesn’t lie.Carlow London and Waherford below us only

I’d have rather won yesterday and lost the Connacht semi final to Sligo,and your 100% right about Moran.The year has been a failure so far.Promotion was the target from the get go and we didn’t get there,massive fuck ups in Wicklow and Wexford cost us badly.We’ll do well to bate NY in 2 weeks.

1 Like

100%. Promotion was rightly the aim for the year. Naming dummy teams, holding lads back until the final quarter, failures to correct things as they happened before his eyes are all negatives that have foiled the dream. Quality forwards aren’t worth shite if defenders are under incessant pressure - I could go on….

Matterless what happens from here on - would we trouble the Fancy Dans in The Hyde on Connacht final day - we would in our holes.

A very disappointing day. Sligo look fitter, stronger, more comfortable with the ball and yet we could have beaten them. Must be sickening for the folk in the North end of the county to keep losing to them, bad enough for us folk down South!
One has to ask the question if coach Hyland was there yesterday or this year in general would we be where we are now, we’d have been promoted before yesterday.
Andy talks great PR and is a nice fella but if he doesn’t move away soon he won’t ever get the Mayo job because he’s doing nothing with us. And I fear this NY game as I always do. A gigantic banana skin.

2 Likes

What was the story with Jack? He came on at half time last week and again yesterday.Hes one of our best players,he has to start every game for me,when he plays well we play well.Unless he’s injured it’s a no brainer that he starts at 11.And Donal Wrynn at FF,we got right back into the match when he went back to midfield.Keaney is a fine player but he’s way too slow,I’d nearly start McNulty before him.As you said before the half back line needs sorting,but Moran doesn’t look like he knows who to play there.Look the years not over yet but that was a huge blow yesterday.

The Sligo wing backs destroyed us yesterday 5 and 7.They were constantly making penetrating run into our defence causing chaos.

Sligo simply walked through us in defence. It was baffling.
I think people on various outlets being harsh on Beirne, he was being constantly double marked, and imo seemed to be limping a bit from the get go, maybe I’m wrong. And if he’s being double marked where was our extra man and why weren’t they being used.
When Heslin came on he was waltzing up the wings, why wasn’t he started?
I think if we got to div 3 we’d stay there for a number of years…but it would be squeaky bum time every year. 3 or 4 is our standard. And no higher.

2 Likes

Were spending an awful lot of money on the senior team which is fine but we need to get a backer to pay 3 or 4 GPOs full time going round the schools and clubs coaching youngsters along with paying a full-time SnC coach also.Its not very glamorous but it’s what needs to be done.

2 Likes

What did they say the attendance was yesterday…3000? Most amusing, I’d say it was double that. Are they not counting all the kids coming in too?

I laughed at that alright, easily 5/6k

As mentioned above the dummy team thing is just pathetic I think really. It isn’t as if Sligo don’t know us inside out by now…and even if they didn’t are they going to say oh no all these switches, we must do something different. Of course not.

Heslin allegedly carrying a thigh strain* hence the ‘reluctance’ to start him. Then he comes on and burns lads for pace. Looka, it makes no difference now but we’re rooted in 4 until God knows.
It’s disappointing for the lads themselves having put in unreal efforts. The long term losses of Reynolds and O’Rourke have bitten us badly - they’d have been the difference in the tight games we lost.

• Some of these ailments seem to be of the mythical variety.

I’ve heard it mentioned of Ryan before that he tends to overplay his injuries. Any hint of an issue and he doesn’t want to play.

Which is understandable given the fact that he’s amateur but goes along with your ‘mystical injury’ comment.

Mulligan obviously not making the 26 for NY

1 Like

Haven’t we been here before? There’s a little bit of finality to this one though.

Thanks for your contribution Emlyn, you got to grace the hallowed Croke Park sod which is more than the rest of us did, Noel Plunkett included. Memories of 2013 are still fresh with many……

Anyway the best of luck to him.

1 Like