Leitrim GAA 2023

Yes that would be the case around this neck of the woods

You can really feel the excitement build for the crunch Tailterns cup game

but more players from those counties get intercounty experience that will bring them on and at least bring up standards in their club if they do not stick with the county. I know so many lads that were on Leitrim county panels to minor that did not play past 21

It has the feeling of a dead rubber but itā€™s not.

I found it a rather bizarre comment piece with admittedly good points

Sure Connolly gets all his news from Hogan Stand.

If some of those anonymous posters he criticises went up to him in person outlining their thoughts politely on the state of gaa in Leitrim would he listen? And indeed why would they bother?

I note strength and conditioning was pointed as a major problem in his piece, sure thatā€™s Andy and his teams baby. So why not be critical of them on that.

Bit late starting SnC when youā€™re already playing senior,that needs to start at 16.

I could very well be depending on the Tipp/WD clash on Saturday. WX have 1 point so a win will position them nicely. We need Tipp to beat WD by a few points, win by, shite, forget it - itā€™s over.

And just when you thought thatā€™s that ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ itā€™s the hope that kills you.

1 Like

Any word on the team,are they all still training?Did we lose any players?

Agreed but the seniors werenā€™t looking the fittest at times this season

1 Like

Beirne is out for a start - hamstring issues. Do you want me to continue.
Oisin McLoughlin to start allegedly.

Christā€¦

They werenā€™t,and weā€™ve gotten multiple injuries during the year.

Itā€™s hardly the 15 thatā€™ll start, Moranā€™s style is to throw out these dummy teams. Weā€™ll see if Keith starts but the back line looks woejus and the absence of Paddy would frighten a vampire.

We could ship a trimming here in truth if the Wexicans have eraā€™ bit about them. No mobility around the middle and the workload being carried by a few. The Dublin branch of the supporters club will provide encouragement, the players will nod solemnly and promise to come back with a vengeance and Coach Moran will praise their effort, commitment and cite injuries etc.

ā€œNow isnā€™t the time for rash decisions, weā€™ll take a while to analyse and reflect and see where it takes usā€ type of statement currently being prepared by Cathaoirleach Stenson. You know yourself :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m contemplating going to this,I donā€™t think weā€™ll win but Iā€™ve nothing on Sunday and might stop over at the brothers for a few scoopes.We gave them plenty of bother in Wexford but going on form weā€™ve gone downhill while theyā€™ve seem to have gotten better.Wexico by 6.

1 Like

Definitely being prepared in advance. Donā€™t think Iā€™d go watch it if it was in my back garden.
At least itā€™s only about 2 hours away and the lads can be back in time for a beer garden somewhere then get into the upstairs of Murtaghs with their county tops and a few free drinks before theyā€™re back to the clubs Tuesday

1 Like

No word in Manor this week about Maguire being out,more to follow.

Iā€™m a sort of snookered this weekend - the dreaded 50th anniversary tomorrow. Cunts suggesting a BBQ on Sunday and the head probably booming off me. Itā€™s the shitehawkery that goes on with these team announcements that grate with me, Iā€™m told Keith is out but who knows. Anyway a weekend of :beer:+:tumbler_glass:ā€¦

4 Likes