Leitrim GAA 2023

Happy Anniversary pal :beers:

2 Likes

Rather bbq food for a hangover than having to go to a fancy restaurant when youā€™re too hungover to taste the food. Waste of time and money.
Congrats and enjoy the weekend Boxty

1 Like

Fair play to you Boxty - heartiest congratulations.

Hope you have a great weekend.

@Spidey @binkybarnes and other Doooblin posters,whatā€™s the story with parking around Parnell Park.Is there anywhere safe to leave the transit?

1 Like

St Vincents gaa is about a 10 minute walk away and should be grand. Its also a handy spot to leave your getaway car if you are after shooting someone in The Regency.

If you are coming from the other direction there is a housing estate called elm mount behind the circle k on the malahide rd. Normally plenty of parking there and its only a few mins walk away.

Edit, donā€™t leave your van in the housing estate between the malahide rd and the entrance to Vincentā€™s!

8 Likes

Elm Mount is spot on - park on this link road between residential streets as space for the van.

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/w6KGtngkmUvy2SF57?g_st=ic

1 Like

Parked in the school next door lads thanks anyways

2 Likes

Weā€™re killing ourselves with wides and balls into the goalies hands, should be 4 or 5 up.Darragh Rooney is keeping us in it,KB doesnā€™t look fit.

Everyone set for the 2024 50 mile challenge?! :smile:

We had more than enough chances to win that game today,7 PTS from 14 shots in the first half with the wind tells its own story. Add in the missed penalty in the 2nd half that would have put us 4 up.Whatever we think of Coach Moran he canā€™t do much about lads kicking the ball wide or into the goalies hands from 30 yards out.We also had no one to take a 45 as Beirne clearly wasnā€™t fit,Keaney tried a couple but Iā€™d have done better myself.Darragh Rooney had a great first half carrying the game to the Wexicans on his own but faded in the second plus the service to him was poor, service to the forwards was poor in general.What I do blame Moran for was our tactics early,he put Donal Wrynn at FF and bombed in a lot of high ball but the were all pretty aimless and wexico death with them handy enough.Anyways Iā€™m going for a few pints now itā€™s been a long day.

2 Likes

Will our esteemed county board be seeking a third tier competition? We arenā€™t able for the second one.

Sniping from the wings at our ā€œesteemed county boardā€ will not be tolerated - on any account.

Has anyone given thought to regarding to Intermediate* at inter county for a few years until these precocious underage protĆ©gĆ©s fill out and develop. Of course by the time that happens weā€™ll have lost as many as 6 rural clubs so maybe best to keep our heads down and talk ourselves up - as usual.

• Is there an inter county Intermediate championship? Lest create one if there isnā€™t.

It must be the most disappointing year since the late 60ā€™s. At least we got the hay and the turfā€¦ā€¦

A very disappointing year on all fronts,minor U20 and senior.We badly needs to sort out goalkeeper and full back.O Donnellā€™s kick outs are poor,he just floats them up in the air giving the opposition time to make a tackle.Diffley is not a full back,he was behind his man all day yesterday again.A lot of young lads on the bench who done well when introduced.The full forward line was pretty toothless yesterday although the ref let the Wexicans away with murder on Tom Prior,he was dragged all over the place,he was fouled 3 or 4 times with no free awarded.I assume Moran is staying on for another year,there wonā€™t be too many breaking down his door at the minute.Is Stenson in hiding @farmerinthecity ,I havenā€™t seen him at any matches lately.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he was in hiding due to the poor results. If things were going right heā€™s be out front and centre chest out - bollox.

I liked Andy Moran as a player but his carry on this year with regard to excuses has really pissed me off. Reminds me of John Morrison when in charge of Leitrim with Mickey Moran - blamed the people of Leitrim for having a defeatist attitude and him coining in 40k a year at the time,

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought,he was all over the place the first few league game, shaking hands and kissing babies.

Yeah Moranā€™s getting a bit repetitive alright,Iā€™d say weā€™re stuck with him for another year anyway.The only slack I would cut him is regarding injuries,weā€™ve a sight of them atm.Casey and Bruen are baldy missed at the back and obviously Ryan up front along with Evan.Darragh Rooney showed how badly he was missed in NY.

1 Like

Ryan is attending Ray Moranā€™s clinic in Santry so the situation appears more serious than initially feared but is allegedly making progress. Heā€™s very injury prone which shouldnā€™t be in his genes.

On another note I stopped into the noble hostelry of one Desmond Foley (pic to follow) in the afternoon to find the majority of attendees somewhat the worse for wear :beer:. The mood music, from what I could gather, was unequivocally anti-Coach and his entourage and the cost to the ordinary man was being wasted unmercifully. Kiltubrid are looking over their shoulders at their future survival like many rural clubs.

Foley remains sanguine, the pubs in Fenagh are closed and the ensuing tide is lifting his boat.
The journey is much the same for me and Iā€™ve always liked Dessie. Weā€™ll live another Summer.

2 Likes

He seems to be a Daniel Sturridge.

A lot of it is in his head.

Iā€™m averse to giving you a ā€˜likeā€™ against my own clubman, but, and Iā€™m on record here, of having expressed a similar opinion some months ago with a caveat. They are, with the utmost respect, strong-headed people, itā€™s in their family with generations. I have a suspicion that Coach Moran asked some harsh questions that didnā€™t meet with approval, the siting of Riordan at wing half back exacerbated the situation and Boom. Riordan, Ryanā€™s cousin isnā€™t inter county standard for a start but the pool is shallow.

Well heā€™s in the right place so.Hopefullly heā€™ll get sorted out soon.The training theyā€™re doing must be causing these injuries cause we definitely hadnā€™t this many last year.

1 Like

I was chatting to a panel member about a year back and he said that Ryan was a bit off in terms of the mental side of the game around injuries.

He conceded that it was a terrible shame as Ryan is a fantastic footballer.

1 Like