Leitrim GAA 2023

Undoubtedly a Willie, in goals for surely 15 years. Martin McHugh replaced him in goals for the county actually in 94. I’d say Tomás has a Connacht medal as sub-keeper. He has a couple of well known brothers whom I’m sure you’re familiar with.:wink:

1 Like

Along anticipated lines. I’d see a positional switch between Plunkett and Flynn given I’ve never seen Flynn cast in an all out defensive position. Obviously you’ve gotten the results of the selectors meeting here through to Coach Andy.

As soon as things begin to head south expect the Coach Andy title to change….

Not to clog up the thread but I see Padraig McGloin from Glenade has passed away in Dublin. He was on the beaten All-Ireland minor team of 1956 and progressed to the senior team thereafter. He gave long and solid service to Melvin Gaels winning a couple of senior titles with them. The last time I saw him play was possibly at the opening of Pairc Seán in 1964. Nice tidy wing back. RIP.

1 Like

Yeah no big surprises there,youd expect Plunkett to go to 6 with the Fenagh man dropping back to sweep with Jordan staying up front to do untold.It would be savage to get a good win in London tomorrow.Would set us up nicely.

1 Like

Carlow bate Waherford by 4

Domhnall Flynn is a Mohill clubman fyi. All aboard for Ruislip :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Curious to know if Waterford improved in a week or carlow just not a lot better than then.
But it sounds like if we get out of Ruislip alive we are 2 from 2 and looking good, laois and sligo our main obstacles to promotion, we should have the better of the others on our day

1 Like

Waherford were woeful in the McGrath cup so I was thinking we’d bate them.Were into year 2 with coach Moran and Sloyan so realistically we’d should be better this year than last.We should have been well ahead at ht last week but I knew with the wind in the second half we’d pull away,I didn’t think we’d win by as much.Tomorrow could be a banana skin but I think we’ll win by 5. Hard to know but as you say Laois and Sligo would look to be our biggest obstacles in the Div but we have both at home.Keeping our main men injury free will be the key to doing well in this league Pearse KB and Jack are our main men atm,we can’t do without them or we’ll be going nowhere.Liatroim Abu.

Dirty big banana skin today. Last year will hopefully keep heads right.

Might be too much to ask but wins for Leitrim and Wicklow would put a right pep in my step today

Wicklow?

A 4 point cushion over Sligo this evening would be lovely

2 Likes

You have to see the long game here buddy. Having it knocked out of lads heads after 2 rounds is a step forward for us. Remember this position only last year - defeats to Cavan and London realistically sealed our fate after 2 games when we lost control of our own destiny.

6-3 to Leitrim at half time.

Same old story, started well, in control and then the @Julio_Geordio stunt, the quick 15 minute nap allowing the Exiles to creep into it despite having a man black-carded. Shane Quinn and Paul Keaney start in place of Flynn and Plunkett and both are featuring strongly.

Phew!!! The old B/P chart is off the scale. That is all.

3 Likes

Good to get the win Ruislip is always tricky.We’re getting a nasty habit of going a few points up in games and instead of putting teams to bed we let them back into it,twice today at least the game should have been done and dusted and we let them back into it.We’re in a great posit now to be fair with Laois only drawing.

What???

My bad I see they won.I was told they drew.

We’re haunting your dreams

1 Like