Leitrim Gaa 2024

Tbf everybody afterwards assumed we’d be back in 95 and I think if we had bate Galway we would have.Little did we know.

I recall the Galway Tyrone semi in 1995 being relatively close which led to comments about reaching the All Ireland final if we had beaten Galway. :tired_face:

Imagine Canavan up against our lads at the time.

Iirc padraig Mcloughlin had a great chance at the end of our match but blazed the ball over the bar instead of a goal.Game over.Boxty would remember it better as I listened to it on the radio.The Galway Tyrone game was poor tbf and could have went either way.

Outclassed this evening by the looks of things
https://twitter.com/ConnachtGAA/status/1783937006109622605?t=4UtzqCvx47WI95h6mtKrbA&s=19

Well outclassed today too by the sounds of it. Over to the seniors to try do something in the TC

Yeah looks like they were well bet.

https://twitter.com/LeitrimLive/status/1785319825524375926?t=sJWb0IHyGMOq7spBjLC7kg&s=19

Definitely a midlands venue for the Kildare match.

2 Likes

here’s hoping for a good showing after just going through the motions and general apathy in last year’s TC campaign. Though the NY loss would put any team off it for the year.
Get out of the group and get a decent quarter final draw, then see where we are at then

Yeah you’d hope we’d beat Waterford at home then a trip to Longford who I wouldn’t be afraid of to be fair,then it’s a tough one against Kildare.I haven’t heard any word regarding injuries or that so not sure who’s available.We badly needs KB Jordan Reynolds Mcgloin and young Bruen back.If fit all 4 would be starting.

Does the TC do the same thing as Sam and have the second and third in the groups playing off?

We will surely come third.

how we perform will be an indication of whether we have actually improved or just fluked our way to Div3 and whether we will stay up or not. We are not expected to win this thing but a decent showing is not too much to ask

1 Like

Yes but the worse placed 3rd team loses out to New York!! So 3 of the teams who finish 3rd will qualify

1 Like

A couple of interesting subs there,young Cap gets a spot along with Darren Cox.

Watching a club challenge here St Marys are playing. They have an excellent corner forward called Paul something. Has he had a look in at county looks excellent here. Given an exhibition on point scoring.
Also big midfielder not to bad

Paul Keaney I’d say.

He was with UL in the Sigerson a year or two back. Think he dropped off Leitrim panel this year.

How are Mary’s shaping up? They’d be an ambitious enough Club.

Lots of info there to go on :grin:,who were they playing?Paul Keaney not on the Leitrim panel tomorrow but he’s not a corner forward and if he’s playing a club challenge match the day before a county match and isnt injured id be worried.

They actually have 4 adult teams this year.They have also joined some league with a few northern teams for extra matches.They are going to dominate Leitrim club football for the foreseeable future going on population and underage results.

2 Likes

You know your shit mate.

Bate by 10 PTS at home to Galway last night.
https://twitter.com/LeitrimGAA/status/1789012016885019055?t=w-B8ttDINkLsF-qn8NtVqg&s=19