Leitrim Gaa 2024

https://twitter.com/LeitrimGAA/status/1757706515937382451?t=Hy49UjC7a9FhvDO_r6toMQ&s=19

No luck for Barry tonight.Only played the last 20 mins.

https://twitter.com/LeitrimLive/status/1759301798248984971?t=666fjJKSHAQCs_Bh0-e20A&s=19

See yis on March 16th lads :pint:

Weā€™ve a long way to go.Only 1 home game left too although Longford will be as good as a home match.A huge match agin Carlow next week,weā€™ve beaten the the last 2 years but theyā€™re going well.

They were dogshit after 20 minutes on Saturday.

Thatā€™s good to hear.

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/1763270294024712310?t=c-Vm_sDcbJ6K0GIfvX_7Ig&s=19

1 Like

RIP

Another one of his brothers was also born on 29th February,

Is the marquee forward Beirne retired or just injured ?

What are the chances of that,was the fatherā€™s birthday 9 months before that?

1 Like

Not playing for the moment anyway.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the story with Jordan Reynolds?Heā€™s another big loss.Himself Jack H and KB are all starters who are missing this year along with Bruen.A quarter of of starting 15 not available so far this year and our best midfielder out since the Waterford game.I donā€™t know what some people think Moran should be doing apart from what weā€™ve done so far but realistically we donā€™t have the quality to replace these lads.Now in saying that he should have been let go after the NY game but to be fair we bate ourselves that day.We should have been about 10 pts up half wa through the second half.Weā€™ve another huge match tomorrow as itā€™s a race for second now with Laois all but guaranteed to go up as they have London and Waterford left.Hopefully Pearse is back tomorrow,I can see Paul Keaney starting tomorrow.We need yo sort out 1 to 9.Diffley was not a 3 heā€™s not a 6 either.Plunkett should be playing there.Our full back line is also poor and although Nevin hss done very well his kickouts are poor.Midfield isnt cutting it,Donal hasnā€™t the legs for it anymore and jack is too slow.We also have no man to kick a 45.

1 Like

A bit of pride was put back in the jersey with that result today. Shows we are well capable of beating the top teams in it and getting promoted but we have an awful habit of throwing away winnable games, would say losing to Carlow was what will cost us when looking at the table next Sunday

1 Like

We were worse than useless against Longford.A savage effort was put in today to be fair.An excellent win away from home against a good team.I said earlier on that teams would take points off each other and 10 PTS would probably secure promotion.A big effort is needed against Tipp next week but we need Wexford to help us out by beating Longford.A win against Tipp and a draw in the other match would be nice.The penalty against Wexford could save our season yet.

So we have to better Longfordā€™s result away to Wexford when we are at home to Tipperary?

Itā€™s about 50:50 at this stage Iā€™d say.

We need Wexford to win their last 2 games and we obviously need to beat Tipperary at home.Afaik we would then both be on 10 and having beat them will go up on the head to head.Scoring difference is used if thereā€™s more than 2 teams on same points.Anyways itā€™ll make no difference if we donā€™t beat Tipp.Tipperary are still in with a chance of promotion too.Even Laois arenā€™t guaranteed promotion yet if they were to lose to Waterford which is very unlikely.

I think we will get the result v Tipperary but wonā€™t get the other results we need to get upā€¦ We cannot rely on luck too much we donā€™t get enough of it!

Unfortunately I think your right,the Carlow result will kill us.

Pardon my ignorance but does a head to head count before scoring difference?