Leitrim Gaa 2024

They would beat the team that played today definitely.There was nothing for us to win today.We’re regrouping now for 7 weeks time.Our U20s are the priority for now.Laois we not promoted when we played them btw,they only got promotion on the last day,we were also two points up in injury time against Carlow only to be caught by a sucker punch with the last kick of the game.Tbf we were septic against Longford but played most of that game with 14 men.We might draw Wexford in the TC.I think each group has 2 Div 3 and 2 Div 4 teams.

Ah they basically were. They’d won the first 5 and had the safety net of playing Waterford in the final game.

@Massey

There’s hardly anywhere to watch the U20 match later?

Yeah there’s a link on the website,cost you a tenner

https://twitter.com/ConnachtGAA/status/1778069289225859480?t=bgSrmatP54jB5b9RDFlZGw&s=19
There ye go, sorry that’s for tickets

Here we go
https://twitter.com/ConnachtGAA/status/1778056508997054515?t=N07v0Zc_Ght8gAhw0is5Gg&s=19

2 Likes

I didn’t get to watch this unfortunately.

Disappointed to draw it as a result of a last minute penalty.

Yeah they left it behind them.Beat the Sheepstealers and we should make the semi final.We also have home advantage which will hopefully help.Connacht is incredibly competitive this year.

1 Like

So four teams go through out of the five?

Bloody hell it is drawn out.

Top one straight into the final 2v3 in the semi and 4v5 play for a shield.The more games these lads have as a group the better.

1 Like

Would winning the b all Ireland be better than losing a Connacht final or semi!! Limerick are in all Ireland semi after coming 5th where’s Clare & tipp came above them and reward is two clippings off cork and Kerry

This team is well capable of winning the main competition.Im delighted that they’re getting plenty of game time to be honest.Normally it’s one and done.

1 Like

By main competition obviously means the Connacht title,and if we could do that who knows.Beating Roscommon next week is the only goal atm.

To be fair I think the shield competition is a great idea.

Very beneficial!! All about games at this level too many young lads trained for 5/6 months to play one game

1 Like

Correct,that was all our lads had for years.One and gone.

From last Sunday
https://twitter.com/SeanMcGoldrick1/status/1778320860358603246?t=lT7-Hlu7FElIPwbSvSdYwA&s=19

I think the U20/21 is a great competition, but only now is it getting the respect it deserves.
17 to 20 is the age most young lads drop off playing football never mind county, so the more games and publicity it gets encourages the players to stick at it and kick on. I am liking Andy Moran being in charge too, no disrespect to previous mgmt teams but the setup and players picked just looked like a cost saving exercise, even if they might not have had the caliber of players AM has available to him.

Agree with all the above.A very shrewd move by Moran to bring in Ryan Jones to the setup.Its about time the underage was treated and funded properly.I don’t know much about what’s happening with the minors but they need to be looked after too.Our U15/16s are very competitive which shows we do have good players available to us.What we need is a conveyor belt of lads into each underage team and eventually onto the seniors.That requires good coaching and s+c all the way up.That also costs money but if you have teams being competitive and maybe winning an odd Connacht title here and there sponsors are more easily got.This is a very good underage team but they need to be looked after regarding coaching/fitness/s+c.They need to do the same as the other counties amd push themselves on now.

Is there a live stream of the game tonight? Would like to attend but depends on weather/time i finish work