Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

Know the background here @Massey?

It was assumed he was possibly a tout from across the border but nobody knows. @anon67715551 is of that vintage and may know a bit more.

1 Like

I’m full-time reporting from Bornacoola to Aughawillian as the county has been sub-divided for purposes of accuracy and vigilance (spotting fuckers training).

Your territory encompasses all parishes and clubs between Ballinagleara and the ocean.

Check with @thedancingbaby , was his idea and the e-mail came from him. Check your spam.

Never knew Leitrim had a beach.

The whole process must cost tens of thousands of Euros. I’ve been watching a recording of The Pembrokeshire Murders (very good by the way) on ITV. It gives an insight into the costs of the forensics for a murder investigation. Hundreds of thousands, and that was back in the 1980s.

1 Like

I thought he was joking,

1 Like

I’m not quite sure if it could be called a beach in fairness. A shoreline is a more apt description because that’s what it is. Era’ bit of sand has been gathered up by the locals to finish the stone walls while others fill trailer loads of stone to provide foundations for 500yd driveways. @Massey knows the finer details (parking, mini-digger etc).

1 Like

It’s no beach that’s for sure,it’s like an abandoned quarry tbf

1 Like

To my shame I wasn’t in Tullaghan in, it must be nearly 40 years. No change then !!!

It’s a kip and an affront to the pristine magnificence of the nearby 5 Glens of North Leitrim*. Cede it the fuck to Donegal or sell it to landlocked Tyrone on a Kaliningrad-type exclave basis.

*Mebbe 7 on some counts

5 proper ones lad.Glenade Glenboy Glencar Glenfarne and Glenaniff which is know locally as Glannnnnne

3 Likes

Serious Republican turnout expected tomorrow in Aughavas as Deputy Kenny’s father gets buried.
The condolences section of RIP reads like a catalogue of known SF supporters in the county. RIP Vincie.

1 Like

I didn’t know the man. I would have known Martin’s father in law well - a legend.

I like Martin too I must say.

I also have good time for Martin despite differing politically. We both know each other’s affiliations which makes it comfortable for both parties. He has a serious team of grafters around him allowing him a bit of a national profile. Poll- topper next time out again without a doubt.

His stance with the refugees in Ballinamore was utterly admirable.

Without a doubt.He’ll make a fine minister.

:roll_eyes: Hmmmmm!!

@anon67715551 Nationwide there writer called Seamus O Rourke on there from Carrigallen. You’ll catch it on the +1 if it’s of any interest.

Thanks Fagan, I caught it in real time. He’s making a few quid out of the oul’ book which I thought was an absolute crock of shit the more I think about it.
It’s saving grace was the fact that those who deserved a modicum of praise (Tommie Moran the schoolteacher) emerged with reputations unscathed.
You can’t fault him for monetising his ramblings just the same. He’s an alright sort actually, the “fame” hasn’t gone to his head so far.

1 Like