Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

KP is presiding on numerous Mohill cases recently, including one drink driving one where the defendant was lucky to get off.

Surely there must be some sort of conflicts of interests there?

I was loosely aware of possibly the case in point whereby the beneficiary of KP’s leniency would be known to me. He tends to come down hard in these matters, must be an age thing. If it’s the case I’m thinking of, the accused was decidedly lucky to escape as he did given the circumstances.

I see Paddy Prendergast from St.Patrick’s terrace in Mohill has a mini-book out - the diary of a Mohill man or something like that. I’ll buy it because Paddy’s a bit of a rascal.
Years ago he procured a Leitrim Co.Council letterhead and wrote on their behalf to every family in the terrace including his mother. The letter informed them all that their houses were being acquired by CPO to facilitate a bypass of Mohill according to some random Government roads plan.
The letter informed them that a scheme of houses would be built for themselves on the outskirts of Cloone and Sky TV would be included. Paddy made sure to be home the morning the letters arrived to witness the consternation his mischief caused.
I like lads with Paddy’s sense of mischief.

7 Likes

Paddy is a poet. A nod back to a sense of community in Mohill which I’m not sure is there the same anymore.

It’s bonfire night and true to form billows of black smoke are wafting skywards in South Leitrim as the years silage wrap, worn tyres and stained mattresses (liberally doused in petrol) come to their end.
If we just had a few Indians to go with the cowboys we could become TikTok sensations. Old customs are hard bet in some areas.

3 Likes
2 Likes

A no show from the Israeli

1 Like

Fair play to the lad.

Wonder what prevented the other lad from fighting? Damage from previous round I would imagine but normally that would be dropped into the article

Just never showed up.

Manor scrapper’s reputation terrified the normally fearless Israeli….
He’d seen a video of Manor supporters in Boggaun at a league match and opted out. They’re a shower of tribal fuckers and he feared young Clancy had supporters out there. A wise decision……

2 Likes

He’d seen what @Massey is like and he long gone from Manor

Krav maga no match for mad Manor

I am in the market for a craft beer from lovely Leitrim. Or if not craft beer something palatable and preferebly alcoholic

Craft beer wouldn’t be a big seller in Leitrim, the same way nobody drinks VB in Australia.Selling it to hipsters in other places is the name of the game.Theres a crowd up @anon67715551 way making stuff called Rushes and Wynns,good tack I believe

1 Like

Carrick Brewing had a big range, they possibly since sold out.

You sure it’s not rushes and whins because if that’s what you need I have the market cornered.
Carrig brewery operating from Drumshanbo may be the call. Same base as the Gunpowder gin crowd who may have taken them over.
Demand for craft beer is confined to CoS mercifully.

:rage: auto correct

Mohill just getting used to Corona.

1 Like

If Dutch Gold were on tap and about €2 per pint you’d imagine they’d have the highest figures for sales in a particular premises in Glebe St.
Reports on the clientele and their boozing styles wouldn’t create a terrific picture of the town in general. I’d have been a patron sporadically in the past but based on reports it’s best avoided.
It seems that Phil has lost control of her own premises. Madness really because they aren’t short of the green.

Phil is a nice lady but she’s almost 80 years of age and seems as stubborn as a mule when it comes to closing the pub. As a result the scrotes take advantage. Louise is her daughter and is well capable of taking them on but doesn’t seem to be around regularly which is a shame. One of the nicer lay outs of a pub in the town.