Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

It’s approaching the time when she’ll be called “the media shy Edwina”…
Still, she’ll be doing what she’s best at - the bit of dancing. She’ll be traversing the area shortly with a set of dancers and mummers to maintain ancient customs. Edwina is sound.

2 Likes

A fine looking woman too.

1 Like

https://fb.watch/9WYQTctH_3/

As if I couldn’t dislike this cunt any more

4 Likes

People don’t understand the word environment very well.

My attention was drawn today to the condolences paid to a recently deceased acquaintance of mine. He had been a guest of both jurisdictions in his time and here’s just two of the comments:

“God bless you XXX we’d shared a room for a spell in a hotel years ago”

“A true and loyal friend, we shared a room together when we were in college”

Republican wit…

1 Like

I felt I owed Scalder a bottle by way of a reciprocal gesture and toddled down this morning. I rang him on the mobile when I was about 3 minutes away fearing he’d be away on some other duties to be greeted by a volley of fucks delivered as only he can. I gathered he was in residence and ploughed on.
It transpired subsequently that at the moment of my call Tommy was killing a turkey in the normal way with the handle of the graipe/shovel being used to break it’s neck but the phone call disrupted the procedure allowing the bird escape with its head trailing the ground and it staggering around the yard when I entered.
Between the jigs and the reels we managed to jointly complete the job and adjourned to open a bottle, look in the direction of the graveyard and pray briefly for lost souls. His humour had improved by the time I was leaving and we promised to have a real jar “wan of these days”
He’s thinking of changing the car in the New Year (it’s about the 15th Christmas I heard this)…

4 Likes

They’ll be onto you soon enough taking photos with your phone.
Get back to Connollys before you get the head bate off you. Avoid Fat Felim…

1 Like

No phones allowed in Mcmorrows

1 Like

An excellent diktat. Proper order too. A pity the innovation doesn’t gain national traction.

McHughs in Glenfarne have 1 tv for The Sunday Game and the 9 o clock news that’s the only 2 programmes ever show and promptly switched off right after.

2 Likes

There’s surely an exemption for the night of a General Election count.

Possibly

In keeping with the dart theme tonight our possibly oldest male parishioner checked out this evening. Treble 20, single 16, double 10.
Sky News wouldn’t hold a candle to him when it came to monitoring the misadventures of the patrons of the Abbey Bar. He was an advance version of Hawkeye….RIP Weedie all the same, you never dobbed me.

5 Likes

Would ye ever get onto yer local TDs and get a bridge over the Shannon FFS.

No Bridge