Things I learned today (Part 2)

I’m well behind the curve on this one obviously. It was only when my mother said that they won’t elect Rishi or Priti Patel because they’re too short. I don’t think that’s the main reason Mom i thought.

I think he meant too fOrrEn

There’s a province in Bolivia called O’Connor, after a Cork man by the same name fought there against the Spanish in the 1800s.

https://www.dib.ie/index.php/biography/oconnor-francis-burdett-a6590

5 Likes

Sam Hammam was a gas man.

Upon signing for Cardiff City in 2001, defender Spencer Prior had a clause written into his contract by Cardiff owner Hammam, that required the defender to eat a dish containing sheep testicles. Hammam also had bolts loosened on fences surrounding the home fan enclosures at Ninian Park so they would make more noise when rattled during a match.

Juan Mata is still playing for United…

You can’t drive between north and south Leitrim without entering into another county.

4 Likes

I learned that during a trip up there last summer, although when you’re in North Leitrim you’d never want to leave it to go south, it’s wonderful countryside.

2 Likes

Only for a county final or a county game

2 Likes

Not by the main road anyways

There’s no bridge over the Shannon sure.

1 Like

True dat,if you go around the other side of the lake your in Cavan territory.Only way is by boat.

You managed to squeeze that in alright you fu**er. There’s no manners on you.

2 Likes

I have to look at a map now

1 Like

Gary Glitter released his first single in 1960 aged 15. It was titled ‘Alone In The Night’ - not something you should be if you’re around Gary Glitter.

Under what name? He was hardly Gary Glitter in 1960?

He’s performed under the name Paul Raven until 1971 when he changed to Gary Glitter.

1 Like

Born Paul Gadd if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Indeed. Hard to sell a record with that name I’d imagine.

1 Like

Bowie was a Tipp deviant

It would explain the wonky eye

1 Like