Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

You’d have to admire a man who won’t haggle.Hes a bit like myself in that way.

1 Like

He was making jazzy little coffee tables, round ones, square ones, the lot back there a few years ago. The real deal, beautifully crafted and superbly finished. We conducted another bit of business and herself said we’ll go down and buy something from him as a noble gesture.
We doddled down and after about 5 minutes of peeking, the cheapest artefact I could see was about €500. I surreptitiously sent Scalder a text - ring me urgently - and he did. I explained to Eltjo that the cattle were out on the road and heading for historical Fenagh….

See you later, great place and lovely stuff etc…………

4 Likes

The very man. His son has taken over it and smashing guy too.

Timber I got from him is native stuff from their own forestry and has come up smashing with a bit oil on it.

All the stuff they hand make is very pricey but the timber was at very good price as have an uncle pally with him.

1 Like

Shelving.

Looks class

I’ll pay homage to Faldo and throw them up on the proper thread when I’ve them up

1 Like

Be careful out there @anon67715551

They’ve closed off the exit ramps off the fly-over. Straight on to the next exit in Drumkeeran.

1 Like

On my last trip west I was told that there’s a brothel operating in Carrick-on-Shannon.

Hardly surprising given the stag situation in the town.

The split season has driven lads clane mad altogether so it has.

1 Like

The seventh son of the seventh son.

Do you know him @farmerinthecity

I do.

Go on……

In other news the late Jim O’Brien’s brother (Michael 79) was passing out a tractor the other night when he had a heart attack. Careered through a couple of fields before ending in a drain. A bad end. Popular man in the Drumkeeran area - a mighty man to wring a choon out of the squeezebox. RIP.

2 Likes

I’m sure you know Mr Wryrnne too Boxty?

Poor Jim got the dreaded motor neuron as well.

I’ve only recently realised how well got he was around Mohill.

1 Like

I surely do. I’m besties with his brothers Padraig and Joe. I’ve had multiples of scoops with his other brothers as well. Grand lads.
I’m awaiting your opinion which appears to be hedging towards negativity….

Ah I don’t really know him to be honest. He’s married to an Eslin woman. I genuinely can’t com-int either way.