Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

Fair enough. We wouldn’t cross paths that often but I think he has notions with regard to his standing in the community. The appearance on the LLS went to his head.

Oh yeah - that is a good few years back now that I think of it.

My impression of him would be similar to you but I don’t know enough about him really.

His wife would be from good stock.

‘It’s coming home’: Not the World Cup but Irish chalice exiled by Cromwell

Mohill’s premier ‘hotelier’ is in UHG in a condition varying from critical to grave having had a massive dart to the ticker the other day. His better known and more financially stable brother has returned from McLean Avenue to provide support and comfort but the reports aren’t terribly positive.
As @farmerinthecity will attest an absolutely alright sort for whom obstacles and misfortunes tagged alongside as long as I’ve known him.
Hopefully he’ll make a recovery and get back to good health.

3 Likes

An utterly alright sort as can be seen by the sheer level of messages of support on the social media platforms over the last few days.

I have heard varying reports also as to his condition but it certainly doesn’t sound great.

All the best to you SC.

1 Like

Are you in @anon67715551

Oh God no. Do you think €20 notes are growing on whins here or what……

I doubt he knows what a whin is

1 Like

Be some Scythe for €130

It better be a green wan

Another money-making scam….

2 Likes

A quick view of the coastline……Grrrr……

3 Likes

Mohill is a sad place this morning with the news that a lady, from a very popular local family, has passed away in Australia as a result of a road accident - details still sketchy.

She had emigrated there many years ago but the fact that there has been such an outpouring of grief shows the affection with which she was still held in. She was of a similar age to my sister and I remember her well.

Her younger brother died years ago by accidental drowning so the poor family has really been through it. Very sad.

4 Likes

My ones always go to Sligo, probably cause it’s closer but the mother’s old Yaris had a crack in the back bumper and last year the lad doin the test on it put a lump of duct tape over it when the test was over saying to her that he hoped she didn’t mind but it would save her having to get a new bumper.

2 Likes

That’s terrible @farmerinthecity .May she RIP.

1 Like

I hear it’s wintry up there

Dear oh dear…. The greatest exhibition of after-timing of all time here.

Nice photos nevertheless.

Glancy senior is fighting around 10 in the 80kg final

I did not know much about the first legal eagle you mentioned but the 2nd one, I was aware of the circumstances due to a relative being left high and dry by said legal eagle. Would rather use a different noun but say nothing if you’ve nothing good to say etc