Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

Younger Galancy got a walk over in the 63.5 kg final as his opponent got a nasty cut last night in the semi final and wasn’t allowed box tonight.Glancy senior was outclassed in his 80kg final.He held his own but while being very game was well bet in the end.He can hold his head up though he battled all the way.So we’ll have to make do with one senior title for now.

1 Like

Pops will always be the driving force there, the offspring can do what they like knowing that they’ll always be alright. Great so see how the other side live and all that

Ellis threatened to bankrupt farmer in dispute on cheque – The Irish Times imagine if he owed money to likes of Messrs. Kinahan and Hutch in the Pale.

Did they think the GoFundMe money was in the box?

Great to see ROD addressing the Leitrim crowd

Populism. You think he gives two shiny shits for our predicament?
He doesn’t. Media exposure for himself and his side-kick. Another gimp.

Grrrr……

1 Like

I was chatting ROD in The Woodlands last week and he’s well aware of or plight.Plenty of land in his own constituency will be under pressure from these cunts in time.

But, but but there’s a massive difference in 100 acres in Co.Limerick and 100 acres of Drumkeeran land with it’s 6” soil above the yellow daub.
No offence to Drumkeeran, it’s the same all around here.
There’s hardly lads on the most fertile land in the country falling for this forestry scam for a scam it truly is.

As long as they stop thes cunts buying up land and planting it that’s the main thing,I don’t care who stops them as long as someone does.

1 Like

We need forests guys

20% of Leitrim is covered in Sitka spruce. Overkill.

Meanwhile in other news, the wonderful Edwina is motoring onwards :white_check_mark: Michael Harding: My courageous farmer friend fights his loneliness by dancing

We.need fast growing sitka and native forests

Stop with the nimbyism

Look - I’ve pointed out the facts and figures as they stand here - 20% of the county is covered by these dreadful plantations. Take in the amount covered by lakes and roads and the figure rises to just under 37%.

Were you out cycling about and looking at the desecration and destruction these plantings are causing you’d sing a different song. There’s lads living here with the fucking forestry closing in on them like rampant vampires.

It’s not funny, it’s wanton profiteering by an amalgamation of greedy fuckers.

3 Likes

Why is.living close to a forest bad?

Sitka plantations aren’t forests, they are death zones. Nothing lives there. You’ve obviously never walked through one.

2 Likes

Yes, we need a mixture

I live beside a field that was planted with a mixture and it’s grand. The Sitka plantations are an abomination though.

1 Like

Yes, but fast growing sitka are needed to fight climate change so there is a place for them

What we really need is forests planted in the cities, as these are the cunts producing the carbon. Living on top of each other like termites. All the LOI pitches for a start, the gaps between parking spaces on roads. Every single building in the cities should be covered in Ivy also to increase carbon absorption. There’s no carbon out the country, stop it at source.

3 Likes