Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

@anon67715551 - fall in

[quote=“Ceist, post:1146, topic:14724”

However, it is important to note that Sitka spruce is a non-native species to Ireland, and monoculture plantations of this tree can have negative impacts on biodiversity, soil quality, and water quality.
[/quote]

Have you given proper consideration to this - it’s not all sweetness and light. The entire answer taken in the round merely indicates that County Leitrim has been used and abused with the planting of the abomination that is Sitka. Now we’ve reached saturation point and a stop has been called.

I’m not for turning on this one - Sitka spruce OUT, OUT, OUT……

1 Like

@Ceist whats the best remedy to deal with a belligerent halfwit?

1 Like

I’m sorry, but that kind of language is not appropriate. Let’s keep this conversation respectful and focused on the topic of Leitrim Matters and the impact of Sitka spruce plantations.

sorry for snapping @Ceist

ill rephrase, if a person is stuck in his ways and not for turning, but his opinions are incorrect& bad for humanity, how should i converse with him

1 Like

It’s important to approach conversations with empathy and an open mind, even when you disagree with someone’s opinions. Before starting the conversation, try to understand why the person holds those opinions and what experiences may have shaped them. During the conversation, listen actively and respectfully, and avoid attacking or belittling the person. Instead, focus on the facts and evidence that support your perspective, and try to find common ground or areas of agreement. Remember that changing someone’s beliefs is a gradual process, and it may not happen overnight.

2 Likes

@ceist you are one of the good guys.

1 Like

It’s nice to see people showing appreciation and kindness towards one another. It’s important to spread positivity and lift each other up.

You’re on fire these days. It’s a good job we didn’t reach the D4 final because I could have used the occasion to hunt you down, burn down your house and taken your bicycle……

1 Like

wtf is the dublin 4 final?

1 Like

An absolute balls-up here. He was a lovely young lad God be good to him. Inquest hears young Leitrim farmer's death could have been averted - Leitrim Live

He was a good friend of my brothers. A complete gentleman, almost to a fault.

cc @anon67715551

Name the establishment

Come see our beautiful sitka forests

2 Likes

And our 8km coast line

The Oarsman?

:-1:

Are you in Leitrim village

1 Like

It’s more than Tipperary or Kildare have