Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

I only said it as I was reading the Coast of Leitrim by Kevin Barry yesterday

1 Like

The rockiest 8k of “beach” in Ireland.

1 Like

I’m no wiser - the Castle maybe….

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ve had a cursory look and I’m disappointed to see you’re not having one last go for old times sake.
Surely to God there was room for at least one 40+ cameo - you could have battered some old enemy.

1 Like

I might be tempted yet, negotiations are on going atm.

Yourself and BTC* would be epic, I’m sure you’d give it your all….

I’m sure you’ll figure out your imaginary opponent handy enough. I’d carry the sponge bucket….

A great institution.

1 Like

There’s been manys a coach there but John Gilligan has been there 3/4 nights a week for nearly the last 40 years.Not including travelling the country to tournaments.Incredible dedication,I really hope they have some kind of an award for him on the night.He deserves it.

2 Likes

No room for Massey tonight

2 Likes

Sadly the tourist bonanza hasn’t reached picturesque Tullaghan just yet.
The “beach” looks the same as it has 2 centuries ago - stony.

3 Likes

It’s no bundoran alright.
Think I passed through tullaghan village one in my life, would say there and kinlough are the few villages in Leitrim I’ve never had a pint in, probably owing to MGs pitch being the Leitrim side of the village so would not venture north of there unless it’s business in the aforementioned superior seaside town.
Heard bundoran is a decent night out but also rough as a bears backside

1 Like

Would people in North Leitrim have Donegal accents?

They have for sure. It’s a wee mix of the soft lilt you associate with Donegal combined with occasional rolling strands one attaches to Fermanagh/ West Cavan folk. Musical one might say.

Neven Maguire is a great example but if you were near @Massey in the closing stages of a tight championship match you might imagine you were in Ibrox itself.

3 Likes

Edwina receiving further kudos. She’s a force of nature so she is….

4 Likes

We’ll have to sign her up for the Dail

No mention of her appearance at Rose of Tralee. She was first or 2nd fav that year after the brush and barrel dance. I watched it with a good crew in Henry’s Haven in Drumshanbo while on a break at the Lough Allen.

1 Like

You’re backing the wrong horse here pal - Edwina would be firmly in our camp.
Her grandfather Michael (Butt) was a councillor as far back as the 40’s I’d say wearing our jersey.

The fear factor must be nipping you - she’d give Kenny a run for it if nothing else. Hon Edwina….

1 Like

Or, as the locals referred to it initially as the Hotel Rwanda……

1 Like