Leo Varadkar

There are lots of successful economies that have reasonable rents Mr landlord

1 Like

Your racist undertones are coming out. Blaming foreigners for coming here and driving up rents.

Your post has allowed the forum to see the footix at its worst. The paperwork in evicting people at Christmas is time consuming. Woe is me

1 Like

They’ve made being a landlord far more difficult in the last couple of years with rent pressure zones etc.

Most people seem to bizarrely want to get rid of large scale landlords who are far more easily regulated.

1 Like

Mostly places line Tokyo and Texas, where their zoning and property laws are far more relaxed.

If we went for that the rate of NIMBYISM (which is incredibly high as is), would go off the chain.

FG won’t get more than one TD in any Dublin Dail constituency next time

Rock will probably lose out in Dublin North West as well

They’ll get one in Dublin Mid-West but that will be a net loss of two seats on now and three seats on 2016

1 Like

They could still carry two in DĂșn Laoghaire.

It’s possible but I doubt it

Greens and FF will probably pick up one each and Boyd Barrett might have enough to hang on

That’s would effectively be a loss of two seats because Barrett got in automatically as Ceann Comhairle last time

I think Eoghan Murphy will likely lose out in Dublin Bay South with Kate O’Connell taking the one FG seat there

Neale Richmond will probably replace Josepha Madigan in Dublin Rathdown - Madigan will be depending on a collapse in Shane Ross’s vote, which is possible but not likely

Bar Dublin Mid-West which would only be them regaining the seat lost in the by-election, Fingal is their only hope of picking up one but that looks unlikely

Dublin South West is a possibility Zappone only scraped in the last time

Outside chance but hard to see, that isn’t to say Zappone will retain her seat either

I think the Greens could nab a lot of the Fine Gael floating vote all across Dublin

Actually I see Catherine Noone is standing in Dublin Bay North next time alongside Richard Bruton

She will be a stong candidate, she will have a much higher profile than in 2016, herself and Richmond seem to be the coming younger forces in FG

But again it’s hard to see Fine Gael get two here, it’s the biggest bearpit in Ireland

I wonder would she get the one FG seat ahead of Bruton though

Greens tend to do well when economy is strong and add in the climate emergency debate is now front page news I would expect the Greens to gain a number of seats mostly at FG expense in Dublin. They’ll likely be in Government post election.

Why are you so angry these days?

I think a good few independents will lose out, I would expect the independent tally to be well down

I still don’t see how a coalition can be formed without some form of super rainbow involving SF though because the likelihood is still that FG and FF will both end up somewhere in the 45-50 ballpark, my hunch is the combined FG-FF seat total will be slightly up, maybe four or five

So it may well be a continuation of the present situation or FG and FF just trading places

Labour look pretty fucked, I’m not sure where they can pick up seats if anywhere bar Dublin Bay North and they’ll probably lose some, best case scenario for them looks to be about the same as last time

Brings new meaning to Matty Ice anyway!

It’s words on a screen. He’s out drinking pints and gambling before bringing a Chinese takeaway home and drinking in front of the TV.

That’s the life afforded to the unwaged by the right wing Fine Gael government.

Pretty much zero enforcement of minimal standards for rented accommodation, pretty much zero enforcement of rules on rent pressure zones or on wrongful evictions, pretty much zero penalties apply for breaching those rules anyway, very minimal controls on rent increases, and all in a market where demand for rentals vastly outweighs supply giving landlords too much power to begin with.

4 Likes

That’s more of a reflection on you and your life choices

I’m at home with my wife and daughter all day watching Harry Potter and eating treats.

Did you forget about their recent increase of mortgage interest relief for landlords?

I did. So did @TheUlteriorMotive apparently.

1 Like