Leo Varadkar

Cormac has a head like Holyhead. It’s so heavy it won’t sit straight on his shoulders.

I’m expecting the producers of the Clare Byrne show to pull out all the stops tonight when discussing Leo the leak

I’m hopeful for a cold war type movie scene where Clare (wearing a disguise) walks over a fog shrouded bridge to pass an envelope to a guest (some hack from the Indo) explaining your us all how leaking / giving docs you shouldn’t to others really works

Or some auld lad from Fair City doing a skit.

4 Likes

I’d say people are wary of taking on Leo, he is a ruthless cunt. If I was the lad that leaked it, I’d worry as Varadkar will bury him.

1 Like

Wonder if Simon’s brother has approved the questions that will be put to him?

Tomorrow will be great fun.

Twill, was it Village that broke it? Id say it won’t be too hard for him to work it out. I’d always get the sense with him that he is a happy warrior.

Don’t mean this in a bad way, but its a great advantage to him on this stuff that he is a gay man without kids.

Simon not being very convincing here, you’d think that he’d have something to gain from Leo getting the bullet

Some waste of Coveney’s time.

Should they not have had Coveney and LOR debate each other on it rather than allowing both free rein to talk?

1 Like

When they need someone to be wheeled out to peddle the party line/sit there repeating the same lines it’s normally Colm Brophy

The face that Coveny was out tonight, signify how worried FG are?

Coveney doesn’t strike me as a great negotiator. No wonder Frau Ursula told him where he could shove it

Rod Rod Rod

He was brutal, why didn’t Byrne ask him if he was a mindreader? Coveney should really have had to face a debater of my calibre there.

I notice that RTE have been very careful in keeping the Gov reps well away from the opposition to challenge them in this, very poor form from the free state broadcaster.

5 Likes

Bit of relevant info

2 Likes

Is Paul Murphy due to get questioning on Varadkar tomorrow?

Ooofffttt. That’s the money shot. That blows the argument that neither FG as an organisation or Varadkar personally had anything to gain from leaking the confidential state document out of the water. It gives me no pleasure whatsoever but I think he’s looking at a serious stretch in prison here.

Hopefully he gets his chance to have a Road To Damascus moment like yourself and he advocates why laws need obeying.

This story has just not captured the public’s imagination. I’d hope for a vote of no confidence and an election before Christmas.