Lesser forms of cricket thread

Windies at 7/1 looks the best bet there. Presume India are gone favourites because they’ve just won and looked good in the practice games. I wouldn’t have expected their seam attack to be good enough to win a tournament in England, but have to admit they are looking strong now. New Zealand not bad value at 11/1 either, they’ve just beaten England in a series and put up a massive score in the second game (Broad and Finn were missing for England though). Guptill and Taylor look to be in sublime form.

Opinions on Sri Lanka braz83, i haven’t heard much about them?

India bat very deep but dont have the bowlers to do it IMO,if Pakistan beat them in the group they will be hard bate!

NZ are decent at 11/1

Malinga doesn’t seem as effective as he used to be, had a poor IPL by his standards. Haven’t seen him play in a while, so not sure if it’s poor form on his part or if batsmen have started to find him out. Senanayake has looked good, not sure how he’ll go in English conditions. Herath is another quality spinner. Wouldn’t be too sure about their pace attack either. Still have Dilshan, Sanga, Mahela and Mathews in the batting line-up. All dangerous, though the first three are pushing on in years at this stage. You’d have to give them a chance, but I think they’ll go for runs.

Tension at the Oval. Aus need 24 off 52 with 9 wickets down. They can’t go through now, but if they win SL are knocked out and NZ go through. Already over 30 put on by this pair. They look comfortable. Can’t understand why SL haven’t been crowding the batsmen, especially Doherty.

Dilshan takes a quality diving return catch off McKay to seal it by 20 runs.

Clint McKay just got himself a hat-trick to leave England stunned on 8-3 after 3 overs in the fourth ODI in Cardiff. Pietersen, Trott & Root gone. 228 to win now looks a job.

England weren’t great in the first ODI at the MCG on Sunday. Cook seriously needs to step out of 50 over cricket before the WC next year. Ballance and Buttler were decent enough, but the attack was seriously lacking and Aaron Finch had a day out. This series could be a whitewash as well.

Impressed with Chris Jordan, apart from some silly wides at the start, he caused all sorts of problems for the australian batsmen and should have had far more than his 1 wicket, due to some abysmal fielding. He would have been well within his rights to lose the plot with the useless fuckers in the dressing room afterwards.

KP didn’t play, is he still part of the EW ODI set up?

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 887192, member: 236”]

KP didn’t play, is he still part of the EW ODI set up?[/quote]

He returned home a couple of days after the last test match

Steven Finn sent home, as he has apparently completely lost the ability to bowl a cricket ball. The whole England set up appears to be falling apart. Is Ashley Giles part of the “clique” that everyone mysteriously refers to?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/15/steven-finn-england-merciful-departure-australia

2nd ODI from the Gabba just underway, EW won the toss an have elected to bat. England unchanged, Watson has been rested for 3 matches by Australia and Shaun Marsh comes in, Xavier Doherty dropped for Mitch Johnson. I cannot understand why Steve Smith is not in the side, he’s a much better option than Glen Maxwell. Cook needs to score big here, otherwise he should drop himself.

Apparently Cook and KP had a massive row in the members bar at the SCG before the fifth test, news of this only leaking now.

Bright start by England, 0-36 after 7, Bell looking dangerous.

Cook gone for 22 c&b by Maxwell and Root gone for 2 from Johnson. Root wasted a review in the first ODI as he did a couple of times in the test series. Hs a bit thick this lad, plenty of potential, but he really needs to cop himself on. I’m sure Cook will see today as a vindication of his batting, but he shouldn’t be playing ODI’s let alone captaining them.
Michael Clarke just had a bowl! Hopefully his back is recovering so.
2-70 after 15, decent enough, Bell could go on to a big score here.

FFS. Morgan, the cunt, was caught in the deep, but Australia had 5 men outside the circle and it was a non power play over, so its ruled a no ball. Morgan can count at least, Clarke can’t apparently.

:clap::D:DThe bloke on the SMH feed

4:04pm:
There’s some decent costumes in the crowd today. A good number of Batman’s getting around, along with a few Batgirls. Superheroes very popular as always. And Joe Root even came dressed up as a batsman, so everybody putting in a lot of thought.

Read more: [U]http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/live-australia-v-england-second-odi-brisbane-20140117-30zbk.html#ixzz2qd4pW0vw[/U]

England scored 300. Australia made 301 with 3 balls to spare. The 10th wicket partnership added 57 in 5.3 overs. E&W must be shattered. Morgan scored a century by the way.

:smiley:

Ah lovely. I last checked when it was 130/5 and marked it down as an England win.

What were Rankin’s bowling figures?

Ah lovely. I last checked when it was 130/5 and marked it down as an England win.

What were Rankin’s bowling figures?[/quote]
36-1, economy rate 5.1