Lesser forms of cricket thread

Amazjng night at the gabba

We actually switched off the game on Friday when Maxwell got out and Mrs Fitzy out Sherlock (which was shite) on. Imagine my surprise when I saw the result. England got trounced again last night. A broken team. Cook says he’s going to “reconsider” the captaincy and ODI’s after this series.

Still very impressed with this Chris Jordan

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1926737-gif-chris-jordans-return-catch-to-dismiss-david-warner-is-exceptional

An appropriately miserable end to the tour for England. An 84 run trouncing in the final T20, they lose the series 3-0. Most of Australia’s best players are already in SA too, this is fairly embarrassing. Giles has the look of a bit of a useless yes-man to Flower. I could see him make a right fuck of things if they give him the Test job. Why they keep playing that Dernbach character is beyond me too. Everyone has seen through his “variations” at this stage, and he just gets tanked around the place on a regular basis. Bailey took him for 26 in the final over of their innings.

Great news mate, Ireland are playing in the gabba in 2015

Giles is a moron.
This Dernbach lad is a particuarly odious character. South African of course, covered in stupid tattoo’s, he started having a right go at Cameron White the other night. Cam just stands there wondering who this no mark is and what the fuck he’s banging on about. He’s gone for something like 1-141 in the 3 T20’s. While mildly entertaining, the T20’s have been an embarrassment for England.

Over the 13 matches between them this summer, Australia have won by 1075 runs and 30 wickets (its a pretty disingenuous comparison, but you get the picture). I felt sorry for the likes of Broad last night, one of the few who has stood up over here, he must be thoroughkly sick of the place by now.

Himself and stokes are the only two I’d say. Do the Aussies still hate him now they are winning? They were a bunch of whiney cunts last summer when they rounded on him for being unsporting. They conveniently ignored a couple of their own lads not walking when they were clearly out. I don’t mind what they do but they can’t have it both ways. The sense of national outrage over broad was so hypocritical it was remarkable. Unlike able bunch this current Aussie team, as were the English for the most part.

Ah I think that was overdone to be honest, most aussie fans were taking the piss, well aware that none of their players would walk and rightly so. There’s been disappointment that the series wasn’t more competitive and virtually everyone I’ve spoken to here has expressed admiration, if grudging at times, for Broad in particular. I was listening to an english journo on the radio here at the weekend who said that all the english here for the cricket, whether journo’s or supporte have reall ened it and were made to feel most welcome. Its a pity it wasn’t closer.
Change that avater mate, seriously.

Middlesex chased 472 to win against Yorkshire in the County Championship. Chris Rogers unbeaten 241 not out. 3rd highest run chase in history I think, though Manual Zelaya will probably clarify. A few of the English batsmen who failed in Australia have scored a few runs in the 3 County games so far. As well as Robson, the Aussie opener who has declared for England. And Steve Finn has taken a few wicket. As has Chris Jordan.

Nice bit of controversy between England and Sri Lanka yesterday. Jos Buttler was run out at the non-striker’s end after stepping a yard out of his crease. The English are up in arms about it calling it bad sportsmanship and the usual guff that comes with the self-appointed moral guardians of the sport. But they’ve made little reference to the fact Buttler was warned twice already by the bowler and continued to steal the yard, which itself is completely contrary to the “spirit of cricket” England seem so determined to preserve. Whether he was trying to steal a run or not is irrelevant – he stole that yard plenty of times, got warned, did it again, got warned again, did it again and still they complain about bad sportsmanship.

Spot on Rocko, all the publications this morning are leading with the bad sportsmanship angle.
It was a bad decision on Butlers part and fair play to Senanayake. Another series England have thrown away but they won’t address that.

[QUOTE=“Special Olympiakos, post: 954239, member: 366”]Spot on Rocko, all the publications this morning are leading with the bad sportsmanship angle.
It was a bad decision on Butlers part and fair play to Senanayake. Another series England have thrown away but they won’t address that.[/QUOTE]
He mugged the shit out of Butler & Co. :clap:

Gurney’s attempted catches yesterday were just as funny as the above.

His name is Jos Buttler, not Butler

Buttler was at it last Saturday as well. He’ll know the next time.

First ever one day win for Zimbabwe over Australia today in Salisbury.

I think you’ll find it was the second, Zimbabwe beat Australia in the 1983 WC.

I think you’ll find that 1983 match was played at Trent Bridge, Nottingham.

Yes and it was the first ever time Zimbabwe beat Australia in an ODI, not yesterday.

But yesterday’s was the first ever in Salisbury, Fitzy. I’m sure it’s called something else now.

I know all that. Yesterday was Zimbabwe’s first win in Salisbury.