Lesser forms of cricket thread

Jesus christ

Australia bounce back with a 62 run win over Faf Du Plessis, sorry, South Africa. Michael Clarke went home with a recurrence of his hamstring problem, talk of him retiring from ODI’s.
England fairly humiliated by India, again.

Serious slogging from Chris Gayle and Marlon Samues for the Windies there earlier to chase down a record 236 in a T20I. Windies might be worth keeping an eye on in the World Cup.

Australia V England tp start off the tri series today at the SCG. It would be ungracious of me to comment on the score after the fifth over, except to wonder if England realise this a one dayer.

England were 0-2 and 33-4 before recovering to 234. Morgan scored 121. It’s a slow 250-260 ish pitch apparently.

The law of averages suggested that Morgan was going to score eventually, but fair play to him, that was some innings.

Should chase down 235 without too much fuss.

149 from 44 balls for AB de Villiers. It was the fastest hundred in ODI history. I think he might be the best active sportsman in the world.

Good Lord that is some scoring. :clap:

South Africa would really want to be producing in the upcoming World Cup after under performing in just about every World Cup since their debut in 1992.

The fastest 150 was 81 balls so he should have halved that record. Ab came in with just 11 innings or so left. Phenomenal stuff.

Ps, cant wait for the world cup so afficianodos like myself yourself and manuel can yet again debate the game

England swatting Australia around the gaff in Hobart, Moeen Ali just hit Pat Cummins for three consecutives 6’s. 0/66 after 9.

England made 300. Another ton for Bell but a duck forCaptain Morgan.

Captain Morgan was apparently being blackmailed by some nutjob who said he had sexually explicit pics of him with some bint. When the ECB went after the nutjob he admitted it was all fabrication due to jealousy.

A typical Australian male no doubt.

The aussies won it on the last ball.

1999 they were unlucky with the run out in the tied semi final. They also produced the player of the tournament. Steve Waugh was the only reason they didn’t hammer eventual winners Australia twice and win the whole thing quite easily.

Fuck, england are hopeless, should have scored 350 plus last night, instead they score 46 runs in the last 10 overs and lose 6 wickets and lose the match.
England have only ever scored 300 plus in about 5% of ODI’s they’ve played.

[QUOTE="Fitzy, post: 1079836, member: 236]
England have only ever scored 300 plus in about 5% of ODI’s they’ve played.[/QUOTE]

I’d say manual has a horn that’d bate a bullock out of a ditch looking at that statement.

I see Team Thatcher was beaten by Papua New Guinea in Stormont today.

:smiley: