Lessons for life from self appointed self help gurus

Imagine being stuck next to him on a flight or in a broken elevator. Your brain would be melted!!

He usually takes the stairs as he’s a winner.

5 Likes

Sixish pints in was chatting to a lad who’s 87 having his couple of pints.

I asked him what’s a life well lived

He said he’s never fallen out with anybody and sometimes he’ll give a lad a bit of distance but “if the devil himself Walked in the door I’d talk to him”

I don’t think he saw my hooves

1 Like

Would she restart on the second attempt I wonder or would you have to help them out every time?

“Sex,” I was pretty sure, meant whether you were a boy or girl, and “sin” made Tante Jans very angry, but what the two together meant I could not imagine. And so, seated next to Father in the train compartment, I suddenly asked, “Father, what is sexsin?”

He turned to look at me, as he always did when answering a question, but to my surprise he said nothing. At last he stood up, lifted his traveling case from the rack over our heads, and set it on the floor.

“Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?” he said.

I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased that morning.

“It’s too heavy,” I said.

“Yes,” he said. “And it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It’s the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you.”

From The Hiding Place: The Story of Corrie Ten Boom

We are asking our children to carry loads that are way too heavy for them. They should not be forced, as children, to see and feel the world through the lens of adults. Innocence is worth protecting and worth fighting for. We need to do our part as teachers, parents and caregivers to carry certain things for them until they are old enough to bear the load.

6 Likes

Eigenzeit

It comes from the German ‘eigen’, meaning one’s own, and ‘zeit’, meaning time. The idea that everything, if we are to do it well, requires a certain amount of time. Now, the particular amount of time required clearly depends on the specific task in hand, but if you try to do it any quicker than its ‘eigenzeit’, then you will inevitably do it badly or not at all.

This guy fucks.

I’ve booked my first flotation tank session. I’ll report back on the clarity of thought cc @Tassotti

3 Likes

Ah lads. Gamechanger. I’ve been reborn.

2 Likes

Sounds savage. Did you feel like you had no body?

1 Like

It was weird. First few minutes was a bit awkward as I settled in and tried to “concentrate” on relaxing

I never felt sleepy during it. Kept they eyes open. Started to see shapes and colors and faces for a few minutes.

Then I started to try and remember stuff and memories I’ve not had for years came back. Vivid details. I could see and hear details.

After that a wave of complete happiness took over which I think is the dopamine that kicks in about 30 to 40 minutes in.

I splashed about a bit at the end.

Afterwards when I went back to the world I was noticing details in lots of things.

I’ll go back again. I’d recommend it just for the peace from not thinking for an hour.

9 Likes
5 Likes

Where did you do this?

Off the English coast where they pump out the sewage …

Here

2 Likes

Chilling @iron_mike . The mask slipped in a big way there…

A snip to hear some great insights