Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

Who’s Magic Hat?

Warburton maybe? Didn’t like decision for Free kick on Hayes anyway.

Celtic are funny . Their rivals for the title from last year lost to a new club playing their first year at this level and they are thrilled.

Truly bizarre. Hard to see anyone other than Aberdeen putting it up to Celtic. As you said, you would have thought Celtic fans would be hoping for Aberdeen to drop points.

Joey is gone

They lost 2-0 at Hearts tonight and I watched a fair portion of it because Sutty was on co-commentary. Like a promising horse, it could have been anything. Hearts destroyed them, missed several chances, were denied a clear penalty and so on. They’ve 1 point from 4 games against last season’s top 4 and it’s mainly scraping late wins against the lower sides that has them challenging for second with Hearts and Aberdeen - injury time winners against Thistle and Dundee in previous two games. I reckon they’ll probably finish 4th this season - they’re way off the pace.

2 Likes

Think about this . Rangers lost to a team whose manager is going to MK Dons to better himself . Yes MK Dons . Scotland is a pub league.

1 Like

Personal financial rewards along with the state of individual club finances dictate that managers outside the top two will continue to be tempted away to lower league English clubs. That’s just the way it is for the Hearts, St Johnstones, Rangers and Motherwells of the league.

True but I will raise you Celtic and Aberdeen. Albeit in Celtic’s case to a moderate premier league side .

Are celtic a moderate premier league side?

Good man Jimmy!

2 Likes

“Bathgate” - Frankie Boyle had a good story about that shithole

Ruth Dudley Edwards of all people with a lovely piece wishing Rangers well:

[quote]Although I’ve never been able to summon up any interest in football, I’ve just spent hours reading about and around a Rangers vs Hibernians Scottish Cup Final on May 21. It was a door into a world that troubled me more than I had expected.

A Scot who occasionally contacts me privately on Twitter had told me how at the end of the match thousands of victorious Hibernians — overwhelmed by a success they hadn’t had since 1902 — had poured onto the pitch, attacked Rangers players and goaded supporters. The police had mostly been outside the stadium and so had been late arriving to restore the peace.

What had upset my correspondent particularly were attempts to blame Rangers, who had been very restrained.

However, Callum Steele, the general secretary of the Scottish Police Federation, saw it otherwise.

“The police response at the Scottish Cup Final was nothing short of magnificent,” he said.

“It was disgraceful that hundreds of fans outside the stadium conspired to inhibit the police response through acts of violence and intimidation as well as the cowardly act of using children as blockades and shields.”

This allegation was expanded in the Daily Record, which reported that anonymous police had spoken of Rangers fans’ “mob mentality” and alleged that police had to endure a barrage of abuse and the jostling of police vans by, according to one unnamed officer, “everyone”, with parents using children to block roads, “a tactic I had only seen in Northern Ireland,” the officer said.

Mr Steele seemed not to have learned from the Hillsborough inquest that, when the police mess up, blaming fans is a bad idea.

There is to be an investigation, and I’m not going to get into the ins and outs of what clubs and police appear to have got wrong during and after these events, but on social media the fallout has been what the sports writer Gordon Waddell described as “poisonous, hate-filled, he-said-she-said effluvia”.

I’ve been reading a great deal of that and I don’t for one minute ignore the abuse of Taigs and Tims and Fenians, but the insults from republicans are of a different order, for they echo the language of demonisation republicans practised so ruthlessly in Northern Ireland and exhibit the same contempt for loyalists.

Rangers, who were founded in 1872, and whose rivalry with Celtic is legendary, have had a torrid few years of financial disasters that ended in liquidation.

Their assets were bought by Sevco Scotland (which later changed its name to The Rangers Football Club) and their players had to start again in the third division of Scottish football.

Back now in the top tier, their enemies call them Sevco and refer to their supporters as Sevconians, which the Urban Dictionary tells me refers to people “usually bald and toothless” and “consumed with bigotry and lies” who insist they are really Rangers.

On the website of Rangers supporters the Vanguard Bears, there is a thoughtful blog called “Dehumanisation and the end game”, which gets to the heart of the matter.

It is dehumanising to deny the club’s identity by refusing to call it Rangers and to refer to its supporters as “Ku Klux Klan”, “Nazis”, “Huns”, “knuckledraggers” and “scum”.

An important part of the process of dehumanisation, as discussed in the blog, is deindividuation, “whereby individuals are seen as a member of a category or group, rather than being seen as a person”.

As Sinn Fein did to Orangemen and the RUC, so extreme Scots republicans are trying to do to Rangers, with the intention of demoralising them by denying them sympathy, equality, dignity, or respect.

I would hate to see supporters going down the victimhood path, but with the establishment of Club 1872, an independent new, united fan group which aspires to rebuild the club and keep it safe from dodgy businessmen, they have a much better alternative ahead of them. Success would be the best way of confounding their enemies.

I won’t be joining, but I wish Rangers well.[/quote]

2 Likes

wtf?

what a cunt

1 Like

Christ, the pretend IRA lads will be seething at that comment.

your a fan of the orangemen now?

God no, but where as I will disagree with that statement you’ll probably batter the slave.

backtrack

No backtrack, I pointed out that you’d be seething, and you are.