Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

[quote=“Bandage, post:1427, topic:1356, full:true”].

@Rocko, I see there’s another Sevco / Craig Whyte related trial ongoing at the moment.

What’s this one all about?
[/quote]

This concluded today with the great Craig Whyte being cleared of the charges against him.

Basically, he was accused of a fraudulent takeover of the Huns before they died.

The accusation was that he claimed to have money to buy the club but in fact all he was doing was selling the future season ticket sales to Ticketus and using that money to fund the purchase of the club. David Murray claimed he wouldn’t have sold the club to Whyte had he known that he didn’t have the money himself to fund the purchase.

Whyte won his case because his defence team successfully argued that even if he misled them, that it didn’t change anything because Murray was desperate to sell. Murray got back one of his metal businesses from the bank as a condition of disposing of Rangers so he had a huge personal incentive to sell. Murray had written to the board saying he had no incentive to sell but this was clearly not the case.

They’d also only had two other bids - one from a Lithuanian consortium backed by money launderers and one that turned out to be a hoax or fraud of some kind using fake names.

Basically, nobody would pay for the club with their own money so the best they could do was sell to a charlatan who was pretending to have money but didn’t. It emerged that they did no due diligence on Whyte, that Murray should really have known about the future ticket deal based on meeting notes and if he didn’t know then it was his own negligence that led to this. There were also memos from Murray’s team calling Whyte’s group “a bunch of twits with no funds” which did little to support their contention that they wouldn’t sell to Whyte if they thought him unreliable.

Also, Whyte actually did use a £1 coin to buy the club (and its debts) which he flicked over to Murray at a meeting so it’s untrue to say he wasn’t a man of personal means.

The other interesting character from the trial is Gary Withey of Duff and Phelps. He was the chief representative of Whyte during his acquisition of the club and then they worked on the administration. The BBC say that they have documents proving that he knew about the Ticketus deal during the takeover and they’re alleging that he helped get the acquisition through because he would then stand to earn huge fees for presiding over the administration and liquidation. Withey denies this but the BBC are still reporting it. Withey was also unable to give his age when asked during the trial and apparently spent a few minutes trying to answer that question because he wasn’t sure of the answer.

Finally, the icing in the cake is this delightful interview with former Rangers board member and current Sevco board member Alastair Johnston. He looks deeply hurt by what Whyte did to the huns, but now the Sevco fans are all upset with him because he basically concedes that the club died in his fragile emotional state.

3 Likes

Sevco have agreed a £1m fee with HJK Helsinki for a 20 year old Colombian striker.

They’ve already added 3 Portuguese on the books, with 2 Mexicans on the way pending work permits and now possibly a Colombian joining them. They’ll soon be a team of Kafflicks, managed by a Kafflick.

I would make it that the huns look to have spent nearly £5m so far.

Cardoso - £1.25m
Pena - £2.2m
Jack - free
Herrera - £1.5m
Dalcio - loan

With this Colombian fell and possibly Graham Dorran as well it will put them at £7m this summer. They’ve taken a big risk in this Caixinha fella, that’s a lot of foreign guys to bring in in one go to a very different style of football that what they’re used to.

I think it’s likely to go spectacularly wrong for them.

Where’s the money coming from?

Probably some Hans Gruber type character.

2 Likes

Gruber was a supporter of the new Provo front, so a hoops fan

2 Likes

Dave King has claimed that Celtic have only won two titles in a row.

Sutty’s doing a stint of winding up Sevconians on twitter.

They’re apoplectic and tweeting abuse at him but he’s correcting their spelling and grammar which is leading to even increased levels of seething.

This is true apparently.

Is he going to ban them eating Broccoli as well?

“Pedro asked me the question the very first time I met him,” said King.
“He said, ‘Dave, why did you pay the compensation to get me in when you could have waited until the end of May and got it for free?’ I said, ‘The reason we did that is that we will be in Europe and we need you to come in and assess the quality of the squad in the way you want to play.’

10 Likes

This is a very bad result for Scottish football gents, I’d be surprised if anybody celebrates this in their heart of hearts. What an embarrassment

The buoys here laud Celtic going undefeated last season in domestic football. If they can’t do it again this season the IRA should administer punishment beatings to the entire squad ,

Let’s wait from the report from @Piles_Hussain who was no doubt at the game

The sheer humiliation of Sevco trumps the co-efficient (cc @mickee321, @Rocko) travails. It isn’t even close in my mind as I don’t give a shit about Scottish football. Italian football being abysmal didn’t adversely impact Juventus last season, for example.

Easy tiger. I’d hate to see you setting yourself up again

In work too late to go. Would have if I could have, a load of lads went more in hope than anything. No word on any shenanigans yet.

2 Likes