Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

Mcinnes I suppose will get the gig?

Farewell Agent Pedro.

2 Likes

I think he’ll stay with Aberdeen.

I doubt Sevco can afford to pay compensation both for Pedro (and his coaching team) and to get a new manager who’s already in employment.

I’d say they’ll rip up the latest blueprint of coach + director of football and go for an out of work “Rangers man”.

McLeish, Billy Davies, Alex Rae or someone like that with the likes of Kenny Miller or Barry Ferguson on the ticket.

A quick glance on twitter sees their support looking for the likes of De Boer, Koeman and Allardyce.

They must be even beyond deluded if they think any of those three would go near the place

1 Like

Ah that’s a fucking shame.

No Walter Smith in the betting. He’ll probably be asked to make the appointment.

No Harry Redknapp on the list. Is it valid without him?

What were they thinking me him? Sold a bill of goods. They’re obsessed with being Barcelona and being a respected European power with fancy structures and the likes. They play in Scotland and their budget dwarfs everyone else bar one team, maybe they should try and make themselves competitive in Scotland again before they start thinking like Celtic.

Who is FOTF ewan hoping for?

Barry ferguson. The ultimate self sufficient hun, who penned a tearful article that he was homesick in Blackburn, a whole two hour drive down the road.

I can’t even remember if they hired a DoF last summer in the end. It makes sense in theory if you have one who has a style / philosophy and the manager, and any potential replacement, fits in with it. But they allowed Caixinha himself to sign a load of Portuguese and Mexican players in the summer and now they’ve got rid of him and there’s no guarantee any of these players will be wanted by the next guy. It’s another clusterfuck for them.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11180953/penniless-dave-king-ordered-to-make-offer-for-remaining-rangers-shares

Another fine Rangers TV highlights production from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/liamking_95/status/944720537468760064

The new (cheap) manager wearing a suit and shoes is actually one of the highlights! They’re a very weird bunch.

1 Like

Is the co-commentator Lovenkrands? He’s always fairly disturbed but great value. His Sky Sports punditry for Celtic’s win at Ibrox in September was gas.

Not Peter this week. That’s convicted domestic abuser Hugh Burns on co commentary. His “If he throws his head there” reference may be a call back to the beating he gave his wife.

2 Likes

Just reading more on the King takeover thing. I’d give you short odds on them being in administration by the end of the 2018 calendar year. What a mess they are.

1 Like

Meanwhile the main concern for them at the moment seems to be Murty abandoning the suit after one game in charge.

Murty: “It was a conscious decision. I said I would never wear it unless I was actually made the manager.

“Now I’ve been made manager, and it is just a personal thing. I said I would do it.

“But I will revisit it and see how it made me feel, how I felt inside.

3 Likes

Wasn’t Joe Lewis the spurs owner involved with rangers? Billionaire isn’t he?

Have they found out what school he went to yet?

Murray swindled 40m out of him just like he did with Dave King who is trying to get his money back at the moment. Lewis was never much of a sports fan, I think he was sold on the fact that in the mid 90s Rangers were still a big club and many thought they would find their way out of Scotland. Murray spent that and loaded the club with more debt. Lewis couldn’t do anything and got out while there were still pennies on the pound of his investment.

The amount of money Rangers have spunked in the last 20 odd years is incredible. When you consider that 40m, the 50 odd million they got written onto the books of Murray International that was never paid, Dodgy Dave’s 20m, the near 20m the current lot have thrown at them, the EBTs…it’s actually incredible that their fans think they were cheated out things.

1 Like