Liam Gallagher Appreciation Thread

https://twitter.com/noelgallagher/status/1827830461311467698?s=46

Bumped for @rocko and @the_bhoy

Not really a fan of any of them, but would you feel cheated if you went to see Liam do the Definitely Maybe thing, and then Oasis tour it next year again?
There is an interview from last week knocking about on YT with Noel where he talks favourably of Liam and the recording of DM. Maybe that was a sign there was a thaw in the camp.

would you feel cheated if you went to see Liam do the Definitely Maybe thing, and then Oasis tour it next year again?

Not in the slightest and saw him twice

4 Likes

Sure the next anniversary is the Morning Glory 30 years they’ll tie the oasis reunion around that surely. I’m not sure do they have the absolute mass appeal among women, young people etc to do the sort of ticket sales Taylor swift and Coldplay have done though tbh.

They’d sell out ten nights at Wembley no problem.

1 Like

Would they sell more tickets than Coldplay or Taylor swift?

They don’t want to do a Pearl Jam on it and charge 200 quid a ticket.

They just have to put up with each other for a few weeks and make milluns and milluns

In UK and Ireland I think they would. Beyond that probably not.

Don’t Believe The Truth an under rated Oasis album I think.
Let me predict that The Fontaines will support Oasis in Ireland.

Saw them too this summer and they were unreal!

He’d be so fucking excited today with the prospect of what tomorrow brings

2 Likes

In Ireland?
Maybe they’d outsell Coldplay but definitely not Taylor Swift

No

They wont have to, they wont be bringing as much shite around with them.

1 Like

They wouldn’t, but they’d sell out stadia across Europe. They’d make eight figures each handy.
They’d sell out globally too apart from the US.

Oasis could comfortably do three nights at Croke Park.

A lot of the success of the venture depends on what the line up is. If it’s Liam, Noel, and three session musicians with vague Britpop links it’ll feel a bit hollow.

If it’s Liam, Noel, Bonehead, Gwiggs and Tony Mehfucking Carroll (Alan White would be somewhat acceptable), it’ll be biblical.

It’s my birthday next month & my life partner asked me if I wanted tickets to Oasis as a present.

I said maybe…

6 Likes

Oasis rumoured to reform with only the Gallagher brothers – and no other original members

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds are alleged to be supporting the band on their potential comeback tour instead

Source: NME