Limerick GAA 2019, the drive for five

All the gaa clubs in Limerick got an email today saying, subject to change, the plan was to playoff the championship in September, possibly as a straight ko depending on time. The club could restart in July all going well

I presume if September is a club month thereā€™ll be no inter county championship. I canā€™t see them going ahead in November with it.

No September is for IC as it stands. I donā€™t see why the GAA would turn down millions of euro rather than play in November?

Sorry I misread your earlier post. In my opinion if itā€™s behind closed doors thereā€™ll be no money made so thereā€™ll be little incentive for the gaa. If they go to straight knockout thatā€™ll void the tv deals with sky and rte surely as well. What sort of costs does it take to run the championship?

It wonā€™t be behind closed doors

Iā€™d be astounded if there is any events with large numbers of people at them this year!

There is frankly no point playing it behind closed doors as simply it wonā€™t earn money .

What happens if there is a shamozzle

Iā€™d say at best, they might finish off the league behind closed doors and finish it for the year at that

Thatā€™s what I was told this morning.

To be honest no one knows yet . There are plenty of scenarios being bandied about but none have any real traction

:sweat_smile:

By who?

They donā€™t know what they are doing in Croke Park FFS, some lad you know hardly has a clue either

1 Like

WTF is goin on here,the All Ireland from 73 or 74 is on Eir and the Kilkenny number 12 is wearing glasses and a white baseball hat :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1. A Broderick from Johnstown. Worked with a brother of his for years. Great people.
1 Like

Whatā€™s with the hat?

I donā€™t know. He only started as Eddie Keher was injured. His glasses fogged up the whole time that day. I donā€™t know why he had a hat.

@Malarkey would be the individual to give the definitive account of events.

It was without a shadow of a doubt the wettest day I was ever at a match.
The rain, all day long was biblical. Pat Hartigan outstanding for Limerick.

1 Like

Thatā€™ll drive a few lads here demented

3 Likes

Heā€™s outside his 5k there so he is