Limerick GAA 2019, the drive for five

They should have been made play it in the soccer pitch across the road.

1 Like

Level with 5 left.

The away side take the lead in the 38th minute of the 2nd half

Leitrim win by 1

Balls

Fucked that away.

Well done Leitrim & @anon67715551

Hope ye go on and win promotion now.

2 Likes

Our C team footballers are giving a decent showing this year.

1 Like

Typical.

Fought like dogs in the second half to draw back level late on. Then deep in added time weā€™ve a free in our own half backline, you think weā€™ve a chance to grab a winner here. Play a terrible pass which is deflected & falls to a Leitrim player in an ocean of space who nonchalantly slots it over.

A right smack in the balls.

Iā€™ve been suffering that type and level of angst for about 20 years or however long weā€™re languishing in D4. Almost there on numerous occasions only for the simplest fuck-up to cost you the game. Itā€™s been the story of Leitrim football for the past yonks.

Sometimes (always) you just have to suck it up and move on. Weā€™re in a good position to get promoted and I feel that we wonā€™t cock it up from here.

Limerick may have been unlucky today. You just have to keep plugging away.

4 Likes

Ye nearly have enough done now. If Derry beat Wicklow tomorrow ye will be 4 points clear with only 6 left to play for. Hard to see anyone making up that difference, and ye have London at home next

1 Like

I like the look of the team for tomorrow; few big guns back (Hannon, Hego, Lynch, Morrissey, Flanagan), a few drop out (Dan, Kyle, Gillane, Mulcahy) and a bit more rotation.

Delighted for young Mikey Oā€™Brien; has plenty of doggedness & aggression but has a good hurling brain. This is a big step up, could be on Harnedy at times tomorrow, be a great test. Must be going well in training to get handed a starting jersey.

Dowling did well the last day and holds his place, will be on the frees too.

Casey back in, and Pat Ryan finally gets a start. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

Barry Nash on the bench for the first time too.

2 Likes

I hope we bate them by 15 points. Need to make the Gaelic Grounds a fortress.

Very strong limerick team to be honest, you wouldnā€™t bat an eyelid if 14 of that 15 needed to start in the championship, Oā€™Brien will need to prove himself I suppose, Iā€™d say theyā€™ll bate Cork handy enough going on recent form, Iā€™ll tip over anyway for a bit of entertainment

1 Like

Derry will beat Wicklow

Are they still in it? I thought they were knocked out in the earlier rounds by one of the minnows.

How did Ronan Lynch do in his limited gametime, out of interest?

The Limerick Senior Hurling Team to play Cork in Allianz Hurling League Round 4 on Sunday in Pairc na nGael has been announced by the Team Management.

1. Nicky Quaid Effin

2. Tom Condon Knockaderry

3. Sean Finn Bruff

4. Richie English Doon

5. Diarmaid Byrnes Patrickswell

6. Declan Hannon Adare

7. Mikey Oā€™Brien Doon

8. Cian Lynch Patrickswell

9. Darragh Oā€™Donovan Doon

10. Gearoid Hegarty St. Patrickā€™s

11. Shane Dowling Na Piarsaigh

12. Tom Morrissey Ahane

13. Peter Casey Na Piarsaigh

14. Seamus Flanagan Feohanagh/Castlemahon

15. Pat Ryan Doon

16. Barry Hennessy Kilmallock

17. Conor Boylan Na Piarsaigh

18. Aaron Costello Kilmallock

19. Kyle Hayes Kildimo/Pallaskenry

20. Robbie Hanley Kilmallock

21. Dan Morrissey Ahane

22. Graeme Mulcahy Kilmallock

23. Barry Murphy Doon

24. Barry Nash South Liberties

25. William Oā€™Meara Askeaton/Ballysteen

26. Colin Ryan Pallasgreen

I heard a rumour that the gaa will look to finish off the leagues in the autumn and just leave it at that. No word on club gaa.

Thanks