Limerick GAA 2019, the drive for five

Went from being out in the wilderness to Corkā€™s starting centre back in an All Ireland Semi Final to completely gone off the panel again in the space of 12 months :thinking: #traditionboy

2 Likes

As I said any team lacking a good 3 and 6 will struggle . This is their real problem , they have as much character as anyone .

2 Likes

Gone now

Tim Oā€™Mahony.

Iā€™d like to think that a player coached by Kiely & Kinnerk would have reacted differently in that situation, either carrying the ball forward & drawing a foul or working the ball intelligently into space.

All their shots earlier on were flying over, when the clutch moments came Oā€™Mahony put it wide, Hoggy hit the post and Harnedy butchered a one on one. Thatā€™s what pressure does to players.

1 Like

Yep, dissatisfied/disappointed with harnedy

I disagree. Maybe a leader at 6 could help fix that, maybe they need to fall over the line in a big game in Croke Park, but they lose the plot coming down the stretch of big games too often for me to call it a coincidence.

Itā€™s a pity cos theyā€™re incredibly entertaining to watch and in Seamus Harnedy, probably have my favourite current non-Limerick hurler

As @codegreens brother said the second he hit that wide ā€œThatā€™s why that Cork team wont win an AI stupid shit like that, they might win today but they panic too fast.ā€

The actual truth of the matter is that they havenā€™t had a decent management team since John Allen was at the helm.
That has a huge amount to do with it.

A young player made an error ( albeit silly) and some fella sitting on his arse in the stand thinks a county will never win and all Ireland .

Gas .

1 Like

No, Quaid pulled off an outstanding piece of skill and bravery. Again youā€™re taking credit away from limerick.

Why can you not accept the fact that cork were a very good team, beaten by a slightly better team on the day? They also ran themselves to exhaustion, I think theyā€™re a brave team and are getting the most out of themselves.

1 Like

Iā€™d argue Harnedy did very well. He turned out to his right to make space so he could strike it clean. Took a lot of coolness rather than rushing it. He was just foiled by an incredible piece of skill by Quaid

Edit: to his left

1 Like

They have struggled hugely at underage and schools level for over a decade .

Their clubs have declined alarmingly .

The new areas where the population has grown over the last 20 years are hurling wastelands .

That is the problem rather than team management per se

The pass from Robbie Flynn wasnā€™t great .

The pass was awful but the pressure was on. So itā€™s to be expected from cork.

Fair enough but they have managed a few big days in Croker since and have been unable to get over the line.
I donā€™t think Kingston was a great manager and Meyler isnā€™t much better.

Cork must be superstars so because both useless managers got them to an all Ireland semi final.

1 Like

Christ

Dissatisfied with him last year I was saying,not overall

Was in the hill actually and to call langering a hail mary from inside your own half out by the sideline when you have one man in front of you to beat and acres of space inside an error is far too forgiving. The implication was this current Cork team would not win an AI not the county ever again.

1 Like

Kingston did ok taking an unheralded team to a Munster title . Meyler did ok last year . He will be judged after this year . As I say it is hard see cork win the big prize will at good 6 and 3 .

1 Like