Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

I’d say another 3k would cover demand handy enough?

They’re adding 3k for the McGrath cup final also. Fitzgerald Stadium would be a bit bigger than Cusack Park…

LIMERICK: David McCarthy (Glenroe); Barry Nash (South Liberties), Jerome Boylan (Na Piarsaigh), Richie English (Doon); Colin Coughlan (Ballybrown), Ronan Connolly (Adare), Paddy O’Loughlin (Kilmallock); Rory Duff (Mungret St Pauls), William O’Donoghue (Na Piarsiagh); Cathal O’Neill (Crecora-Manister), David Reidy (Dromin-Athlacca), Gearoid Hegarty (St Patricks); Darren O’Connell (Kildimo-Pallaskenry), Pat Ryan (Doon), Oisin O’Reilly (Kilmallock).

Was wondering the same. I’d say @iron_mike is correct.

Yeah makes sense Munster match capped at 16k also

Change of plans and can’t make the match. 2 tickets there if anyone has any use for them, just let me know

Fixtures made tonight. Grand bit of mid week diversion.

It’s a pity the minor games aren’t on before the senior ones.

1 Like

It is but to be honest 15/16 year olds are too young to be playing in front of 20K+ people.

2 Likes

There will be very few games this year with 20k and those that will would have 10k tops by end of minor game

camogie games for curtain raisers ???

I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t 20k at the Cork, Waterford and Tipp games. And ennis will be a sell out. There’ll be close on 25K for the league against Galway.

The Lk games you mention will get 25k in championship but it will be reflective of a Lk bandwagon support . I am referring to the competition as a whole .

For the two years of the round robin the minor games drew smallish crowds in the main with a walk crowd adding a bit .

If wouldn’t be surprised if the Galway game drew a big crowd ok.

1 Like

Cork, Limerick and Clare should be a competitive group in the 20s.

Would Limerick have a good minor team next year? Cork and Limerick have had some good underage battles in the last 4, 5 years.

It will be intriguing to see how Limerick fare without the 16th man this season, the waterbreak

Nicky Quaid’s contact lens is ready to fill that void at a moments notice.

4 Likes

Only one water break could have effected limerick games anyway. They were all well and truly over by the second one.

10 Likes

It will be intriguing to see if Cork’s 16th man returns this year, the Carkness.

10 Likes

It is thought when trying to gauge but the 20’s have the majority of last years team but I would imagine there will be no O’Neill, English, Coughlan or O’Donovan so a big dent to the team.

With Covid disruptions over the past 2 years I’d say no County knows how good their Minor team for next year will be

2 Likes

Eligible senior panelists can play 20s until they feature in the senior championship iirc. Once they play senior championship they can’t play 20s until seniors are out. First two rounds are before seniors start so possibility to play is there

2 Likes