Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

All sports are going that way. What are you pining for? Unconditioned lads going out for a puck?

Plagerist

Calm down. I’m just saying the cost of running the teams and the almost professional preparation means very few counties will compete on a regular basis. They simply can’t afford it.

Even the round robin system suits the stronger counties. It gives you a second chance and it brings squad depth into it more as well.

Rugby will find a home for all shapes and sizes

Calm down yourself.

No matter the format or situations only a few counties have ever competed.

That’s true. The way limerick filtered backed for some of those Waterford goal chances and broke out at pace reminded me of Donegal v the dubs in 2014. If a Kyle Hayes or gearoid Hegarty sprint out of their own 21 at top speed and the back man can delay the pass long Enough ie work it short or hold onto for a few seconds while the lads tear into the large open spaces of Croker there isn’t a hope somebody can mark them. It’s almost like a basketball tactic or something.

1 Like

This maybe true but it’s also very sad. The nfl do a great job at getting teams competitive. The gaa should do everything in their power to do the same. Hurling is barely played 8 or 9 counties at the moment. Be a shame to see the pool get smaller.

Hurling has 8 or 9 counties competitive, football the same. Football badly needs a tiered championship.

On top of that, the day if holding your line is gone. With Limerick you see it particularly from 5 right through to fifteen. All ten are expected to attack and defend in equal terms. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the training matches are inverted. That is to say, you may have for example Byrnes Hannon and Kyle in the forward line and Mulcahy Flanagan and Gillane playing half backs. Sounds bizarre but look at the way they track back.

What counties have ever competed at the top? It’s more than ever now.
Jack Mc was winning all irelands every year, surely thats a decent reward.

No no. Theres no thought to Limerick training.

The 30 odd of them just rugby tackle each other then go and wash in 50 euro notes supplied by J.P

2 Likes

Have you a link to that interview?

3 Likes

That’s true there’s 7 or 8 of them that can play multiple positions as well. I see Colm Parkinson is claiming it’s influence of Gaelic football from kinnerk and there’s probably some truth in that. The amount of scores we’ve gotten this year by players completely unmarked is noteworthy as well. The speed of the movement is almost impossible to stop.

You’d see a lot sitting high up in the canal end. The camera doesn’t really pick up any of the movement.

You are an awful odd fish at times.

So, backs and forwards?

1 Like

How’d you figure?

I think the point is at various points limerick had 10 or 11 players very close to their goals but at no point did Waterford ever have an extra back or feel like limerick were down a few forwards. It was like something you’d see more in basketball or Gaelic football. The speed at which limerick could get up the field is frightening and very difficult for opposition to track runners. Gillane and Flanagan being such good target men is a huge help as well.

They’re bayshts

They’ve come from the best of land. Why wouldn’t they be pure bayshts?

2 Likes