Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

The current rule is four steps or the time taken to take four steps.

I am always convinced if they clamped down on that rule it would clean the game big time.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Ball in play time must be gone way down. Four stick passes and over the bar is unreal hurling when Limerick play it, but the best hurling is when players are contesting the ball and the game ebbs and flows up and down the field.

1 Like

I thought that hurling in the 80s was a far superior spectator sport than the 70 point shootouts and lads knocking sidelines and 120 yard frees over for fun,
Proper physical contests with men who worked with their hands and backs, not for the gym monkeys half way through a teaching degree

I’m not trying to make the argument that it’s a better spectacle or not. I’m just looking at it from my perspective. For me personally the 1991 Munster final replay was the best game I ever had the honour to attend and still remains the benchmark for me if you will. The introduction of the qualifiers turned both hurling and football into a results sports. It took away the magic of a provincial win and made the all Ireland the be all and end all particularly for the si called stronger counties.

Wasn’t meant as a challenge to you, more do the lads who suggest there was no skill in the game back then, those boys could hurl but it was impossible to score like the lads do now, or even to move the ball around like they do now,

Correct. At one stage I would have been in favour of possibly increasing the weight of the sliothar in order to try and attempt to keep the ball in play longer. But that would make little or no difference now as the possession game and working it up through the lines had nullified that argument.

I’ve the 2018 Munster championship game between cork and limerick on. 54 mins and hego subbed off for David Dempsey. The long ball into Flanagan and him passing it off to cian Lynch is a thing of beauty.

Tom Morrissy is my HOTY. some man in a ruck but always gets the really tuff scores. Up Lmerick

1 Like

Cc @balbec @iron_mike @Julio_Geordio @Thomas_Brady etc

6 Likes

For the goal? It wasn’t a long ball to Flanagan, you must be langers watching it.

Your not even talking about the right game lad.

Seamus Flanagan is iconic

1 Like

What time does the minor throw in?

1pm

1 Like

Is the game broadcast anywhere. Can’t see a link on TG4 YouTube

Link lads

1 Like

You have to pay:

John Keogh & Ciaran commentating. & Ken Hogan. Tipp ahead.

Rotten cunts charging.

3 Likes

Baa humbug

1 Like

Shane O’Brien had a goal chance, took his man on, slight angle, took his point.