Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Richie was always a forward sure, until he wasn’t

He wouldnt have had a long career for limerick in the forwards

He put pride back in the jersey and bit of professional too. Jerry Wallace has had a huge influence.

O Gradys standards were very high.

Donal O Grady was exactly what was required at that time. A hard man. An outsider.

He was very important.

He made a cunt of it the second time he came in

A good haul there. Gaffer of the Year & Team of the Year.

Hego robbed but Hurler of the Year should be ample consolation.

Congrats to the Biker Grove lad too.

3 Likes

Was it Hickey or Gavin O Mahony was full back in 2011 that got Ryan O Dwyer a Laochra Gael programme that was all down to O Grady and we having a future all star full back playing centre forward? Good luck to Cark next year with that tactical know how

2 Likes
5 Likes

Lucey, I think

No it was Hickey. You’re right.

Geary played a hand pass out of the square the same day right into ODwyers hand

With the benefit if hindsight it clear that O’Grady really was the key to the Limerick hurling renaissance.

I’d say Jerry Wallace was more influential behind the scenes

And yet and yet, I think David Breen was clean through and all he had to do was slip a hand pass (I’m not sure who was coming in off his shoulder) and the lanky cunt went for it and made a balls of it.

Literally anyone would have been an improvement on that clown McCarthy.

O’Grady did ok, improved standards (how couldn’t he?) but let’s see how he gets on this year.

He certainly talks a good game anyway.

1 Like

We were a mile better than Dublin that day.

Painful walking out again

3 Likes

One of the worst. Coincidentally Dublin 2015 was also awful walking out of

1 Like

Would you stop bringing up that Dublin game… You or that cunt @iron_mike always bring bit up.

1 Like

I christened my child that day and watched it on the sly at the do after.

My jesus she came in to the world amidst some colourful language by me, my father and grandfather.

3 Likes

We’d a few of those kind of games against Dublin. 1B League Final 2013 was another one.

1 Like

@Bod95 this time.

2 Likes

I’ll wreck the forum if it’s brought up again.

That was awful. Lost a league final AND realized I was too old for Molly’s in the space of about 5 hours

3 Likes