Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Who are the All Ireland champions? Who are the Munster champions? Who are the league champions?

2 Likes

As the saw doctors said ā€œto win just onceā€ and then to experience whatā€™s happening with them currently is in a way bizarre. Itā€™s just mind boggling particularly living in Kilkenny where they are actually in awe.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still happy. Youā€™re still bitter.

That wonā€™t change no matter what you write

Optimism killed ya. I was planning my all Ireland final ticket strategy in 2013.

I went on live95fm on the saturday night in the oval and told liam aherne weā€™d win by 6 or 7, I was 4 sheets to the wind, I gave liam a moniker and told him I was from templeglantine(Iā€™m not)

Liam said live on air, I hope Davy Fitz isnt listening.

1 Like

I walked down to the pub (near Croke Park actually) the week before and proclaimed to everyone in there that Dublin and Cork were playing to lose to Limerick in the final

3 Likes

Which pub? I ended up in a place called the blind ref in 2018. Absolute rough as guts

There would be a clamour to pick the latest shit hot seventeen year old.

1 Like

The young lad from crecora would have been idolised by now if we hadnā€™t won one.

3 Likes

Right lads, thatā€™s enough of that shit. Living it once was bad enough.

The Hut in Phibsboro

Hill 16 is the after match spot now though

1 Like

It was tremendous fun as well, the good days. The Munster win in 2013 was fucking epic

3 Likes

The hill is a mighty spot. Very dark though

If you donā€™t recognize where youā€™ve been, youā€™ll never appreciate where you are.

1 Like

Coming away from Thurles swearing to every god that ever existed that youā€™re never doing it againā€¦ Only to convince yourself 3 months later that weā€™d win it the following year?

4 Likes

Iā€™d have myself convinced on the train back to Limerick that we were only a forward away from winning the whole lot and weā€™d give it to the cunts next year

2 Likes

Well you were right (eventually )

Did you not go to the game in 2014?

That was an incredible day out.

We would always show just enough to leave ya hoping. Weā€™d never take a hiding (09-10 excluded). We always hurl well enough in a burst to give ya just enough hope that, if we just got it all together, we could do it

2 Likes

One of the greatest days of my lifeā€¦ Got a bigger rush than the AI final in 2018.

1 Like