Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

The munster final below in cork in 2014. We went down hot, and started well. Breen had them bate up a stick.

I’ll hands down here and now say, I never heard an atmosphere like it, before or since, when Cork got a run on us. They were relentless. The noise around the old pairc was mental

4 Likes

That place was made for a full house stand or terrace it felt you were on top of the action

Dowling had a nailed on goal chance that he tapped over. Would have changed the game

When cork got the goals that day, the noise that went up was ferocious. It was venomous.

2 Likes

The Dow missed an easy goal that day.

Sure we lost by 2 goals. Breen had them bate up a stick in the first half and they stopped putting ball on him from puckouts

Actually, the Wexford match made up for it. I really enjoyed that match.

4 Likes

Jesus we gave them a bastards clipping

24 point margin was it.

David Breen got a lovely ball from Dowling and buried a goal off it.

Tom Ryan swinging over that point in thurles In 2014 was amazing.

The hickey point was the icing on the cake but completely forgotten about.

1 Like

The winning of the game for them was Cadogan, he cleaned Condon. The lad Cronin who is a pure pussy wouldn’t shake McCarthys hand before the game, Richie destroyed him and he was off after half time. The Corkness is gone and long may it last.

I’ll never forget Hickeys point that day

Its limerickness now kid.

1 Like

Harnedys goal that day was one of the most iconic ever in a Munster Final.

The old ground was shaken to its foundations.

Unrale. Paul Browne hammering it home .

Had a great night in whatever trinity rooms was called then. A night we remembered for years saying imagine what it’ll be like when we win an ireland. 2018 was better than we dreamed

1 Like

Dowling gave a tour de france.

I was below in trinity rooms. Clem smith owned one of the “rooms”. Jasus I was sideways

Unbelievable. I was actually quite nervous before the game but once he bagged the goal just before half time, it was never in doubt.

I think it was that night he was on the door, let us in as we had a great laugh with him despite being barely able to stand. Must have been early it was still bright. Dont think I got home till 6 in the morning