Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Really interesting to see KyleHayes at 6. Sadly might mean less marauding.

He is probably the only man who yoyd back to follow the 11 out the field and make a success of the position.

I wonder was he going to another level anyway last year, no matter what position he plays.

Delighted for Dempsey, David Reid is putting some career together now as well.

1 Like

Reidy still seems well in the mix for a starting spot. Had a good league last year but didn’t convince in the Championship.

1 Like

He seems to get on a lot of ball whenever I see him but his striking wouldn’t be the level of the other lads that take on out the field shots.

Kiely ain’t targeting the league on that team.

Be interesting see the team without the big beasts in the half forward line, big one for the boys in FB line and a flock of Na Piarsaigh lads

He was taking wrong options with the shooting

Too eager.

Dempsey could push for championship start. Really keen to see how he’s shaping.

1 Like

If Tipp don’t beat that well they can forget about it

There’s goals in that full forward line

1 Like

Where’s Hannon?

I don’t know actually, had heard they were doing very heavy training this week so excused I guess. I dont expect to see Hegarty feature tomorrow either.

Kyle is excellent at reading the ball and is outstanding in the air so for me he’s best position would always end up being six. He isn’t a stick man like hannon though tbf.

Hannon probably wasn’t a stand out player last season for limerick but I don’t think he was poor either. He’s a lot of hurling done since bursting on the scene for adare and ard scoil and turns 29 at the end of the year so it’s no harm to start trying out a few different options at six for all I’d be very surprised if hannon isn’t 6 come championship.

2 Likes

2018 and 2019,Hannon was the distribution centre. Teams were well aware of this and were starting to counteract it. Last year, Limerick changed it round and the ball was worked up the wing as is testimony to Morrisey and Hegartys performances. Moving Hayes back also made it easier to distribute from the flanks. It would be unfair to say Hannon had a poor season. More down to the change in delivery which made him less dominant. Keeps the opposition wondering what change if any will happen this year.

3 Likes

I predict the change this year will be to revert to a more “hip and whip” system.

Put the ball over the bar and in the back of the net and no more about it.

3 Likes

Kiely’s pre-match chat will be a grab of the crest and a roar. Every player’s performance will be judged on how many hurleys he goes through. The whiteboard will be replaced by a burning Tipp jersey

7 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

I think Hannon himself mentioned in an interview either before or after the final last year that he found that games were bypassing him a bit, and that he had to make a conscious effort to get more involved. He had a bit more presence in the final I felt than previous games.

He’d a lovely cynical pull down to deny a goal chance.

1 Like

A shur if you look at it logically, there was a general consensus that both Hannon and Lynch weren’t as prominent as the two previous seasons. Then look at your two wing backs and two wing forwards. 4 all stars. Clear what the game plan was

I could see how it would bypass him, I think before you’d see a centre back sweeping in behind the half backs, these days when he looks over Hegarty or Tom are back there. All he has to do is hold.