Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Iā€™ll have to put a bit of thought into that.

Peter Nash as captain anyway.

The double would be on if they split the hurling and football seasons. The Dubs are lucky it wont happen.

???
Sean Oā€™Dea David Connolly Darragh Treacy
Killian Ryan Tony McCarthy Gordon Brown
Brian Fanning Peter Nash
Aaron Oā€™Sullivan Kevin Howard Josh Ryan
Diarmuid Kelly Seamus Oā€™Carroll Luke Murphy

Iā€™d say the hurlers might win that one :joy:

But some fine club players there.

I think this is a case of the classic gaaism heā€™s a better footballer/hurler when in fact its rarely the case.
Iā€™ve no doubt if some of them played only football they would be plenty good enough but they havenā€™t and most of them arenā€™t bar Hegarty who played a lot of football and maybe DOD.
How many played minor football for limerick even?

Theyd have to go for goals, put josh in ff and rain it down

Mark Quinlan was arguably the best player on his minor team, I think heā€™d be there or thereabouts as a senior footballer now.

Having seen the likes of Ronan Lynch get the call, I think there are certainly players there with a lot of pace, athleticism & natural football ability who could definitely be coached.

Look at Sean McSweeney last year, I know he was playing another sport where you have to kick the ball, but still.

Hurling team (from the football squad). Loving that half forward line.

Eoin Cregan

Dave Connolly, Brian Fanning, Paul Maher

Gordon Brown, Cian Sheehan, Tony McCarthy

Robbie Bourke & Michael Donovan

Peter Nash (C), Diarmuid Kelly, Josh Ryan

Kevin Howard, Darragh Treacy, Cillian Fahy

8-37 to 0-08

2 Likes

Fanning gets Gillane sent off in the first half.

Some of the Ballystinions getting very sour at the notion of the Senior Hurlers putting it up to the Footballers in a game

1 Like

The hurlers v the footballers in a challenge game would be an excellent way to raise funds for a local charities.

5 Likes

They had an in-house hurlers challenge in 2017 for the homeless in Mick Neville Park Rathkeale and there was a fine crowd there.

Barry Nash & Brian Ryan both play football for the Liberties. Nash is a fine footballer, in fairness.

We could round up a few lads from the cross and beat Ballysteen in football.

1 Like

Jesus will you stop, theyā€™ll be spitting fire after that swipe

Donā€™t we enter the Minor Championship for the craic every decade or so and win it out?

Sure Drom/Broadford were an oul Junior Hurling club and were suspended from playing hurling over something or other and started up a bit of football instead and won a Munster Senior Club Title 10 years later. Simple oul game.

1 Like

We even won a Feile Title.

You wouldnā€™t even need the cap.

Theyā€™d probably clap us onto the pitch.

Killmallock wouldnā€™t even need to transfer in lads from the likes of blackrock to win a football title.

1 Like