Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

I would say definitely worked. We got a better performance from him than we have for the whole of 2021, and I think we will going forward.

Even if we had lost, if that was what was needed to get the fire back in his belly for the rest of the year, it was needed.

2 Likes

The opposite now for mul. He didnā€™t do a whole pile and I donā€™t think heā€™s as good off the bench,Casey is probably better coming on but you couldnā€™t bench him

Ya I would say it worked, as realitically going forward Gillane is still your main inside man.
Heā€™s gotten a bit of a kick up the hole and responded appropriately.
Mulcahy will still be effective when needed, but at this stage heā€™s more likely to be bit part player.

I wonā€™t write off Mul; thereā€™s no scapegoating of him because we were shit in the first half across the board. You do get less of an impact from Mul from the bench in terms of raw scoring, youā€™d think. Casey only really came alive when the game broke up. Depending on Mulā€™s form in training over the next few weeks, you never know.

I wouldnā€™t dismiss Mulā€™s impact off the bench. Especially if itā€™s close or weā€™re behind, heā€™s a man to win a ball when itā€™s needed and clip it over or win a free.

1 Like

Mul didnā€™t appear to do much but heā€™s workmate is savage surely help tire out tipp for the fresh legs of Gillane. The only Limerick play that seemed to be on song in the first half was Lynch

2 from Effin, 1 from Blackrock, 1 from the Stakers and only Pierce from the @balbec

Strong panel, but up against a serious Cork outfit.

When Casey and Mul both start there is a tendency for both to drop deep and leave the other man in the FF line isolated. At this point Casey is probably the more effective starter and sub but Mul still has something to offer.

Any word on Richie English? ā€¦ Dan did very well when he came on, heā€™s extremely cool, reads the game well and just goes about his business and does the basics rightā€¦ Hannon sitting deeper and the forwards waking up took the pressure off the defence in a big way tho, they looked rattled first half and couldnā€™t get to grips with Tippā€™s movementā€¦ Weā€™ve seen a few times if you can negate Limerickā€™s half back line thereā€™s plenty of joy for teamsā€¦ We usually find a way to adjust and force teams to play on our terms thoā€¦ what were we down to KK in 2019, 11 points? We dominated them for 40 minutes in a similar fashion to Sunday but hit some unforgivable widesā€¦ The point being, this team are just never beaten and revel in the adversity. The bigger the storm the cooler they seem to get.

We might not go on to win any more All Irelands, tho thereā€™s clearly a couple more in them, but what a group of lads we have ā€¦ Weā€™ve waited a life time for the privilege and might never see the likes againā€¦ Drink it in boys.

Also, big shout out to Barry Nashā€¦ Iā€™m sure heā€™s someone the opposition feel they can test and get some joy off but he continues to step up to the plate.

8 Likes

Sunstroke.

Wouldnā€™t surprise me one bit.

The Limerick team to play Cork in the Munster Minor semi final tomorrow has been named! šŸŸ¢āšŖļø

LIMERICK :
Tomas Lynch (Doon);
Joe Fitzgerald (Monaleen),
Vince Harrington (Na Piarsaigh),
William Dore (Dromin-Athlacca-Banogue);
David Fitzgerald (Kildimo-Pallaskenry),
Cian Scully (Dromin-Athlacca-Banogue),
Mikey Fitzgibbon (Cappamore);
Cian Oā€™Carroll (Croagh-Kilfinny),
Liam Dennehy (Glenroe);
Shane Oā€™Brien (Kilmallock),
Killian Ahern (Blackrock),
Paddy Kennedy (Garryspillane);
Mark Riordan (Castletown-Ballyagran),
Harry Fox (Hospital-Herbertstown),
Con Hayes (Newcastle West).

Subs : Killian Quaid (Murroe-Boher), John Whelan (Newcastle West), Mikey Gavin (Ballybrown), Kevin Maher (Doon), Rian Oā€™Byrne (Crecora-Manister), Gavin Rowsome (Ahane), Pierce Connery (Kilmallock), Euan Sheridan (Murroe-Boher), Wayne Kearns (Na Piarsaigh).

Limerick are managed by Mungretā€™s Kevin Oā€™Hagan with coach Ger Barry (Killeedy) and coach-selectors Liam Reale (Hospital-Herbertstown), Mark Keane (South Liberties) and Liam Hammersley (Cappamore). The S&C coach is Darragh Droog (Mungret St Pauls) with goalkeeper coach Aaron Murphy (Hospital-Herbertstown).

3 Likes

Lovely spread of clubs there.

A very good spread, good representation from ā€œsmallerā€ clubs.

Not far off what I would have been thinking, thought Oā€™Byrne, Connery & Gavin would push hard for starting spots but it looks impressive.

Very strong Cork team though, kind of a pity that it is pure knockout this year, in that they donā€™t get a few games at this level. The more competitive games the better at this age, so hopefully they do get over the line.

Shane Oā€™Brien is the big name, I suppose but I really like Riordan from Ballyagran, a very dangerous forward. The Croagh man in midfield is very lively too and the Pallaskenry man is seriously skilful.

1 Like

Notable absense of Patrickswell there is a pity @Aristotle

Mark Keane involved alsoā€¦ Has he been involved with a county team before?

Think they were particularly weak at this grade all the way up. Still, I wouldnā€™t fear too much for them, theyā€™ll still probably pull a few players from the team by the time they reach 20/21.

He was with one of the 15s teams a few years back alright. Think he was a selector with Liberties last year.

2 Likes

He was with the seniors in the early 2000ā€™s but didnā€™t get back on the bus when they stopped for ā€˜lunchā€™ :smile:

:beers:

1 Like

Is that Joeā€™s yunfla on the subs?

Yes. Keeping up the tradition.