Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Heā€™s involved with this age in the Academy since they were u14s

1 Like

Where can I see the minor match later lads?

TG4 Youtube

1 Like

Ledge

Any time pal!

GAA: We need to bring in u19 age group to help with player retention

Limerick GAA: letā€™s have some teams out of u19 after a week. With 90% getting a maximum of 4 games.

1 Like

There was supposed to be a league competition with a knock out championship wasnt there?

And play the u19 on the same weeks as we have fixed two rounds of football championship

Itā€™s a major disadvantage to the rural clubs who might have a good few 19ā€™s involved with the adult teams.

Full-time in the Senior Hurling League: Adare 2-20 Ballybrown 2-10.

In torrential rain in Askeaton, Adare claimed the 2021 senior hurling league. Against the odds really, unspectacular in the West, just about got over a severely-weakened Doon in the semi-final and came up against an even weaker Ballybrown in the final.

Ballybrown down 12 senior panellists and it showed. Aidan Oā€™Connor was very impressive at 11 for them, and Ross Kenny came off the bench to hit 1-1 but really, Adare dominated throughout. Brendan Oā€™Connor stuck an early goal which kinda set them on their way. AOC scored a goal in reply after Ross Griffin won a dubious-enough penalty, but Adare kept the points ticking over. Willie Griffin caused a lot of bother drifting out from full-forward, Brendan Oā€™Connor was a threat on the edge of the square while Wayne Mac got through a lot of work in midfield.

Aido had a chance to get a second goal early in the second half, but just flicked it over the bar after beating the keeper. That might have made a game of it but Mark Connolly stuck a second goal shortly after to kill it off. Mike Keane at wing-forward got a couple of points, as did Charlie McCarthy; Willie popped over a few more aswell. David Oā€™Mahony & Eoin Ryan at wing-back were good for Adare but Ballybrown really were very very weak.

Josh Adams should have been sent off at the very end for striking Willie Griffin as he ā€œattemptedā€ to take a free but Timmy McGrath settled for giving him a yellow.

4 Likes

Timmy must have used up all his cards at the weekend

Any word on English? Will he even start if fit?

2005 Mackey Cup squads.

Who would win if they were a field from those squads in 2021?

The West won that I think, last time theyā€™ve won it Iā€™d say

As a 12-year-old, Hannon could nearly have won it on his own.

Br Dormer is some hurling man.

2 Likes

Some blasts from the past there. If The Dow was fit or even in goal, the city would win it now.

Hannon wasnā€™t stand out at that age. He was small enough. It wasnā€™t until about 15 he that he started to shine.

Byrnes, The Dow and Hego would have done untold.

Jesus I dunno I saw him play u12 one day for Adare and he was Center back. He was a clear stand out that day but that was the only time I ever saw him underage.