Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Ah, he was handy enough alright. All those were mostly U13 at the time but only one made the Tony Forristal team that year. Surprisingly that was Martin Byrne of Doon as sub-goalie. Didn’t hear anything about him after that, wherever he went.

1 Like

Same bunch, a bit older.

cert1_i_951779d

1 Like

Another one from that team.
How many Ola Cups?

1 Like

@flattythehurdler should know this guy.

I wouldn’t be far away myself in that photo!

I’ll post you up after in your denim jacket.

1 Like

Steady now :open_mouth:

SON?

Those chairs were still in the dance hall up until recent refurbishments :laughing:

Mark Ryan was a sensation back then.

Bros(1)

1 Like

Surprised Barry O’Connell isn’t there.

He was something else back in those days

He’d be 2 classss younger than that lot. Doubt you’d be put forward in Mungret for trials in 4th class.

I’m fairly sure mark Ryan played 3 years on the trot but that would be rare. Fair few played two years alright.

1 Like

You’re mixing me up not me there phew

1 Like

Ah, I’ve no idea who the other two Bros members are. No memory of where I got them.

1 Like

I do alright🤣

Just back from Croke Park after seeing the reigning All-Ireland & 3-in-a-row Munster champions advance to another decider.

Nothing against Waterford but that was just business. We all love Waterford and Ozzie but doing it against the likes of Galway and Tipp is one thing but today was another level up again. When Del Boy Derek (one league title, no Munster title, no All-Ireland title) was shooting his mouth off about scoring four goals I knew we were in business.

I’ve always rated Cahill & Beeeeeeeeevans but looking at the way they set up today they ain’t the saviours of Tipp hurling which the likes of Vincent Hogan like to perpetuate. Give it Sheedy for another three years, therefore.

Grand day out. To be fair there was no prick acting from the stewards so once you weren’t encroaching into other people’s personal space you weren’t badgered about masks. A decent atmosphere, even with the limited crowd.

First back to back finals since 73/74. What a group of players. We will not see their like again. As big Seamie Flanagan said in the winter of 2018 ‘we don’t want to be remembered like Clare in 2013, a team who did fuck all before and since.’ Or something along those lines anyway.

Let the great ticket hunt commence. If it’s Cork it’ll be a complete bloodbath. Going to enjoy watching them tear lumps out of each other tomorrow.

Casey will be a loss for the final, he has been super this year so far. Mul will be in as a replacement but he has no form this year going into it. Quaid and Hannon remain two of the most under-rated players the game has ever seen. Lynch is just, well, gifted.

Roll on two weeks time.

29 Likes

In a fucking nutshell :clap:

2 Likes

And we all know what happened ye in ‘74.

“Ye” ??

You’re one of our own now, kid.

Not a hope of me ever changing. Especially not now.

It’s a pity about Casey. There was little intent and one of the angles shows little if any contact. They’ll hardly appeal it as Limerick don’t need the distraction.

Big games today required from our two wing backs and two corner forwards. We need to up our game there to have any hope of facing and giving the champions a game. I wonder will Carey start? Wrong thread I suppose.

1 Like