Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

If ye win today, Iā€™ll swap houses with you for a fortnight

3 Likes

And have you burning rubbish out the back? Not a chanceā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll use a barrel. Job is :ox:

Shots fired in Ballyragget already

4 Likes

Lads this is just Cinderella stuff. Iā€™m waiting for a cunt of a fairy godmother to tell me its midnight

1 Like

The younger generation of supporters have no idea of the torment we went through

6 Likes

Reminds me a little of the 2010 AIF. I managed to get tickets at the last minute and brought the wifes nephew. He broke down in tears after the match. Granted he was only ten but told me it was the first time hed seen Kilkenny beaten. In fairness, the same lad went to college with a lot of the 18 team and organised the signed Jersey for me.

1 Like

There has been a lot of talk over the past while about how the way to trouble Limerick is to run at them, they can be hurt by real pace.

That is true, to an extent, but itā€™s true of every single team in the country. Not a single defender in the country likes being directly at by a quick forward, and Cork did get a goal from running through us in Munster.

But, at the same time, I donā€™t think there is a team in the country as well-equipped to deal with runners from deep as Limerick are. We were definitely more vulnerable to pace a couple of years ago but the addition of Kyle & Nash to the backline has altered that, both of those have ridiculous recovery pace. Kyle saved two goal chances by getting across from left wing-back into the middle to make interventions; a huge shoulder in the first half & an unbelievable flick in the second half. He adds a lot in an attacking sense but his defensive contribution is massive aswell. WOD & DOD also both have a lot of pace to support the defender making the tackle, and usually get there.

Cork have some real flyers and if they get through Kilkenny, Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll beat us for pace a few times. But overall, Iā€™d fancy our backs in dealing with runners more than any other set in the country. To only concede 0-17 across 70 minutes is some going.

7 Likes

Signing in guys :nigeria: :shamrock:

1 Like

Go way ta fuck you Jonah.

6 Likes

We are fucked so

1 Like

can someone ban this cunt from the thread

I like you Laz but youā€™re a fucking Jonah

My magic is stronger than his. Weā€™ll be grand.

Limerick Football Championship Fixtures for next weekend confirmed

Irish Wire Products Ltd County Senior Football Championship Rd 1

St Kieranā€™s v Ballysteen 15/08 The Bog Garden 7.00pm

Adare v Oola 15/08 Claughaun 7.00pm

Ballylanders v Claughaun 15/08. Bruff 7.00pm

Galbally v Newcastle West 14/08 Kilmallock 7.00pm

Griffin Coaches County Intermediate Football Championship Rd 1

Dromcollogher Broadford v Kildimo Pallaskenry 14/08 Askeaton 7.00pm

Mungret v St Patricks 26/08 Caherdavin 7.00pm

Gerald Griffins v Glin 14/08 Newcastle West 7.00pm

St Senans v Bruff 14/08 Feenagh 7.00pm

Woodlands House Hotel County Premier Junior Football Championship Rd 1

Mountcollins v Castlemahon 12/08 Dromcollogher 7.00pm

Croom v Ballybrown 14/08 Croagh 7.00pm

Monagea v Cappamore 15/08 Clarina 7.00pm

Fr Caseys v Newcastle West 15/08 Tournafulla 7.00pm

Woodlands House Hotel County Junior A Football Championship Rd 1

Mungret v Drom Broadford 15/08 Ballingarry 7.00pm

Bruree v Ballybricken-Bohermore 15/08 Croom 7.00pm

South Liberties v St Patricks 15/08 Mungret 7.00pm

Ahane v Camogue Rovers 15/08 Fedamore 7.00pm

1 Like

Wan thing is for certain, weā€™ll need Hego to find form for the next day. I know he did well for the goal but he was way off - granted heā€™s a target now but he was very cumbersome.

1 Like

Was calling for him to be subbed right up until the goal assist!

Hego will never play for Limerick again.

Yeah, sameā€¦ A couple of minutes before the goal he was turned over very easily in the middle of the field and i thought heā€™d be yanked soon enoughā€¦ hopefully thatā€™s it out if his system now

Any chance our lads practice a few line balls and cuts before the all Ireland??? Turned over possession at least three times stupidly Saturday from them when, if memory serves right, DOD is well able to cut a ball.

Did they? We conceded a free when Lynch was too near.

Apart from that, I would say we retained a possession on all of them.

We donā€™t cut the ball anymore, we take a short pass and keep the ball.

2 Likes