Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Isn’t the rumour that he’s back? I haven’t heard for sure either way.

The thing is that they still have a load of talented young fellas to come in. Not at Casey’s level but still, way better replacements than anyone else has.

So we’re all agreed that no one will win it. Probably the Well so.

If Patrickswell are any way arsed you’d have to strongly fancy them. I don’t think Nap are the force they were 4 or 5 years ago, although if The Dow is back that is a big boost.

How good could the Dow be at this stage?

He hasn’t played a game of note since he looked like Carl Lewis making mince meat of the Killmallock backline in group fare back in August 2019.

Doon, Doon, Doon …

By all accounts, Kilmallock are not going well. They still have a lot of quality and on their day could beat any of the other big teams. They’re also the most vulnerable of the big 4 though. But Ballybrown’s form also seems to have dipped. If POL isn’t available, that means they’re a lot weaker than last year without having added anybody of note. When SOB arrives, that’ll be a boost.

Hard to know with the Well, new management there. I don’t know much about the Bridge boys but apparently they’re rated. When you have two fellas like Gillane & Lynch, you’ll always have a chance because who’s going to mark them? John Kirby in. We’ll see at the weekend, their match against Doon will tell a lot.

How old is Patrick Kirby?

1 Like

While some of them are kicking football.

The Well will win well

1 Like

who?

Your man and the other fella.

and the brother

1 Like

The other brother is better again but you know yourself - drink

3 Likes

Adam Mac, Emmet McEvoy, Sean Long, Gearoid Synott, Keith Dempsey…

Not to mention older fellas like Pat Gleeson, Shep, Kieran Kennedy, Kevin Ryan.

Any prices on the Junior A?

Kevin Ryan is gone playing junior I’m sure. Those older lads aren’t really options anymore I’d say and would get ate by the other big 3

Of those lads I’d say McEvoy could impact a senior match only.

Adding those three to Doon and taking the Casey’s from Na P is some swing. I think Na P have a far better spread of quality than anyone else but you can see how the couple of marquee type players can lift teams to another level, Byrnes Lynch and Gillane for the Well for example.

They had a promising young lad a few years back - Neil O’Gorman I think — did he come to much?

Ah jaysus, I don’t know about that.

The Well & Kilmallock definitely have fellas around the fringes that are no better than most of those lads. McEvoy is the only one with ‘star quality’ but those others could definitely do a job in a functioning team.