Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

That would be some going for a club to have 3 teams with at least JA status.

On a side note, It’s hard to look past Mungret for the Premier this year. It’s surely their year now, and they made a statement win at the weekend albeit against M/B. I think it’ll be a Mungret-Glenroe final.

However, Glenroe are without JBM so that could shake things up, it would mean advantage NCW at the weekend with their stellar forward line

JBM is decent but I wouldn’t have said he was a gamechanger. Fair enough if they now end up with a weak corner-back picking up Kelly or Nix but I’d have said the O’Connells & Walsh would be bigger losses.

They’ll miss him mouthing, if nothing else.

1 Like

The B teams getting scarcer over the years

Only when your first team is so shit they can’t get out of the bottom division :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I could be wrong but I’m sure Ballyboden and Brigids had two senior football teams at one point when you could go senior through the leagues. I think they were then drawn against each other in the championship as a prelim. Think it was the late 90’s early 00’s. @Fagan_ODowd or @binkybarnes might know more.

Sars and Kiladangan have teams in the Seamus O’Riann which is Senior B. It would be interesting if either were to win it. Which is not impossible.

1 Like

Hell of a name change

Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest Gaelic Grounds

1 Like

What has happened in croom? They must have 6 or 7 different lads at least represent the senior hurlers in the 00s.

Remember them losing a few senior finals as well.

Seem to be gone way back now.

Very exciting last 7 days in the Minor Hurling Championship; I don’t know why there was such a delay in Na Piarsaigh’s fixtures but they ended up playing all 4 of their group games in the space of a week. We had almost a month gap between our first & second game ourselves, but were generally nicely-spaced out. Wonder if they had a Covid delay or something?

Anyway, they caused a bit of an upset last Wednesday night by beating Monaleen by a point and followed it up with a victory over bottom side, Bruff, on Saturday. But Monaleen also beat the favourites NCW on Saturday, which meant that Na Piarsaigh could knock out NCW on Monday night. But NCW won that by a point. NaP still would have sneaked through ahead of NCW on score difference had they won tonight, but were surprisingly beaten by Mungret.

Doon beat Cappamore in the other group, and actually levelled our score difference but we went through having scored three points more than them.

So, it’s the same as the U-16s last year; Kildimo/Pallaskenry vs Newcastlewest and Monaleen vs Doon.

1 Like

IRISH WIRE LIMERICK SFC QUARTER FINALS

Monaleen v Fr Caseys on Friday September 24 in LIT Gaelic Grounds at 7.30pm

Oola v Galtee Gaels on Saturday September 25 in Kilmallock at 4pm

Ballysteen v Adare on Sunday September 26 in The Bog Garden at 1pm

Claughaun v Newcastle West on Sunday September 26 in Mick Neville Park at 1pm

GRIFFINS COACHES LIMERICK IFC QUARTER FINALS

Dromcollogher-Broadford v Rathkeale on Thursday September 23 in Kilbreedy at 7.30pm

Kildimo-Pallaskenry v Mungret on Saturday September 25 in Clarina at 5pm

St Senans v Pallasgreen on Sunday September 26 in Clarina at 1pm

Bruff v Gerald Griffins on Sunday September 26 in Feenagh at 1pm

WOODLANDS HOTEL LIMERICK PREMIER JAFC QUARTER FINALS

Kilteely-Dromkeen v Fr Caseys on Thursday September 23 in Mick Neville Park at 7.30pm

Mountcollins v Athea on Friday September 24 in Mick Neville Park at 7.30pm

Monagea v Newcastle West on Saturday September 25 in Dromcollogher at 4pm

Castlemahon v Croom on Sunday September 26 in Feenagh at 1pm

WOODLANDS HOTEL LIMERICK JAFC

Banogue v Bruree on Sunday September 26 in Croom at 12noon

Mungret v Ballybricken-Bohermore on Sunday September 26 in Claughaun at 12noon

Feenagh-Kilmeedy v Adare on Sunday September 26 in Ballingarry at 5.30

St Patricks v Camogue Rovers on Sunday September 26 in Mungret at 12noon

IRISH WIRE PRODUCTS LIMERICK SFC RELEGATION SEMI FINALS

St Kierans v Na Piarsaigh on Saturday September 25 in Croagh at 5pm

Ballylanders v Galbally on Sunday September 26 in Kilmallock at 5pm

GRIFFINS COACHES LIMERICK IFC RELEGATION SEMI FINALS

Glin v Monaleen on Saturday September 25 in Askeaton at 5pm

St Patricks v Crecora-Manister on Sunday September 26 in Rathbane at 5pm

WOODLANDS HOTEL LIMERICK PREMIER JAFC RELEGATION

Hospital-Herbertstown relegated

WOODLANDS HOTEL LIMERICK JAFC RELEGATION SEMI FINALS

Dromcollogher-Broadford v Na Piarsaigh on Wednesday September 22 in Mick Neville Park at 7.30pm

South Liberties v Ahane on Sunday September 26 in Caherconlish at 12noon

1 Like

Or “Ollscoil Teicneolaíochta na Sionainne Lár-Tíre Lár-Iarthar Páirc na nGael”, as Mac Dara Mac Donncha agus na leaids on TG4 will be obliged to call it.

3 Likes

University of acronyms GGs

What’s the story there? Relegated before any play-off?

I had a look there on the Limerick Gaa site and one of the groups had 2 teams but no sign of HH in the other groups (which all had 3 teams).

They must have pulled out of NCW’s group before it ever started I’d say. They were senior until 2009

A dual senior club even

Gave two walkovers, I believe. That eliminates you from the competition and automatically relegates you. Happened to Ballybrown in Div 1 of the ACHL a few years back, if I recall.

1 Like

Not only did Doon win the County Junior B a few years ago, they went on to win the All-Ireland Junior B. They weren’t allowed to go up to Junior A the following year as Doon already had a Junior A team.

Were the team who finished second promoted in their stead?

At junior A level, a second team aren’t allowed into the All-Ireland series. I know junior B is different.

I don’t know if the runners up were promoted to be honest