Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

you donā€™t have to bring him on after 20 minutes. You can give him a few minutes near the end if possible. There wasnā€™t much defensive cover yesterday.

Agree Nash hopefully he can improve. It was his first game infairness.

Heā€™ll be dealing with Callanan or Forde or McGrath the next day, Iā€™d say theyā€™ll take turns to come out and torment him

Will Bonnar Maher start for tipp?

Our only other option is Boylan. Less experience at this level but a more experienced corner back. Whichever one starts theyā€™ll be targeted.

Boylan isnā€™t really a natural corner back either heā€™s probably just back there for nap because their depth in other areas.

I think it was 2015 Callanan gave dan morrissey a torrid time at full back in championship. Bubbles was sent off if I remember correctly.

Yeah Iā€™d agree. But he has played a lot more time there than Nash. Not as talented a hurler but more experienced in the position and less likely to panic.

1 Like

I think that was 2016 but to be fair to Dan there was a open prairie on front of him

Yep itā€™ll be interesting. Some great match ups to look forward to. I wonder will tipp leave McGrath midfield or push him centre forward.

Heā€™s very talented imo. Iā€™d fancy him and his brother to very good players if they get the chance. Obviously loads of traffic in front of Conor.

Nash is a red card scare as well.

Iā€™m delighted to see Nash in the team and most of this managementā€™s positional switches have paid off handsomely, but I donā€™t see this one working.

Surprised Conor Boylan wasnā€™t introduced as a sub given his recent form for Na P.

Iā€™d say he is behind DOD who is seen as a wing forward option now. Reidy too.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see if Dempsey is back whether he comes in for Boylan or Breen. I thought he was very impressive inside earlier in the year.

1 Like

Iā€™m still surprised heā€™s not a midfield replacement. Donā€™t think mids these days can cover a full 70-80 minutes.

Heā€™s only back from an injury too. Might be easing him back in.

Division 3 2021

Cavan
Fermanagh
Derry
Longford
Offaly
Wicklow
Tipperary
Limerick

Never been to a match in Kingspan Breffni Park, Celtic Park (the Derry version) or Brewster Park.

Hopefully weā€™ll get drawn away for a couple of those matches, post pandemic with crowds allowed back in. Couple of good road trips there potentially.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say itā€™s just a case that DOD will be first sub for MD/HF if heā€™s not starting; just to get him on the pitch. He ended up playing both yesterday and he impressed when he came on.

his use of the ball is top notch

1 Like

Donā€™t rate WOD as highly as others. Teams are very focused on stopping out Cian lynch and crowding him out. DOD is the perfect foil to this as heā€™s a brilliant distributor also.

Wod struggled yesterday I felt and he slowed the ball out of defence a few times. The game probably wasnā€™t suited to him. Tipp in fairness will be a lot of more physical and that could suit his strengths.

1 Like